Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ocrevous scheduled Yay!!!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ikoiko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say that I see no improvement on Rituxan, but my MRIs are stable. I have been on it about two years. It beats having to have more frequent treatments, such as Avonex and Tysabri. Oh, and I did get shingles a year ago, which I think was due to being immunosuppressed on Rituxan. I am terrified of getting it again.
    The stable MRIs are probably taken as a sign that the Rituxan is working even if you're not feeling any better.

When I was on Copaxone, I'd had a baseline MRI and then I had a later one to see how I was doing on the Copaxone. When no new lesions showed up, the neuro said that that indicated that the Copaxone was working. I hadn't noticed any improvement in my symptoms or in how I felt in general.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

The great thing about Rituxan, besides its efficacy, is no side effects.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, I had to get a second neurologist who Has prívleges at hospitals in my region

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, I had to find a neurologist in our region of Massachusetts who has privileges at local hospitals. It took calling a lot of offices to find somebody. It is very worth it, so I don’t have to travel an hour and a half.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I would say that I see no improvement on Rituxan, but my MRIs are stable. I have been on it about two years. It beats having to have more frequent treatments, such as Avonex and Tysabri. Oh, and I did get shingles a year ago, which I think was due to being immunosuppressed on Rituxan. I am terrified of getting it again.
    There is a new more effective vaccine called Shingrix. The CDC rec it even if you had the older one already.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Yes Agate. That is the schedule and I think it is what I wrote in my response above.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    Linda, I don't know about Rituxan but for Ocrevus isn't it 2 infusions 2 weeks apart at first, then 1 infusion every 6 months after that? I got this from the Ocrevus Webpage:
    Yes Agate, that is the standard dosing schedule that nearly everyone follows.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Default Have the upped the dose of the one infusion?

My Rituxan dosing has switched to one infusion every six months. It used to be a set of two infusions every six months.
    Intriguing. Do you know the dose you get? Can you explain why this change was made? Interesting.
    Linda~~~~

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Community Member

I see you are in MA. I go to Beth Israel in Boston. I get 1000mg in one dose instead of splitting it into two 500mg doses. My neuro said that there is evidence that it works better this way.

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I see you are in MA. I go to Beth Israel in Boston. I get 1000mg in one dose instead of splitting it into two 500mg doses. My neuro said that there is evidence that it works better this way.
    This is really interesting to me. I have been on rituxan for about 4 years. Rituxan and Ocrevus are the same and I have been wondering about asking several dosing questions. Can you tell me who your Boston doc is? I am in western MA. Friends of mine go to UMass Worcester.

Thanks for any info. You have

Did you ask what your doc meant by “works better”. I have been wondering if people ever get more than the amount received in the standard dosage protocol. Higher dosing or more frequent dosing...?? That is my focus right now.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 01-17-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    Linda~~~~

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast