Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Thread: Stiff Person Check In

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Went to quest today and their grab bars are up. So glad I called corporate on this.

2. The following user says "thanks"

So, as I said before, I had a most excellent surf adventure Saturday. Came home, still on ativan, so I was walking without a problem and zero pain. Like before SPS came to live in me. So, I was breezing around, organizing paper, putting things in the trash, that I stared at day after day, wanting to take care of but not having he physical wherewithal. I knew, like Cinderella, the magic would all disappear at the end of the day.

That night, the night before last night , at 3am I woke up with a horrid spasm that wouldn’t stop and was spreading. So, DH did rectal Valium which works in about 10 minutes. ...went back to sleep, awoke at 5 am with another horrible spasm

This time, I tried the liquid ativan that you put under your tongue. How pleased I was that it worked within a few short minutes. Now I know how well it can work.

That stopped the spasm with no further reoccurrence. Yesterday and today, I rest most of the day, legs feel badly, but not spasming. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Next time, I will surf about an hour, not two hours, and not flit around the house afterwards. As if that might have been too much...who knows?...

4. The following user says "thanks"

I am having a significant health event. I might be thin around here for several days...not to worry. Could end up in a health care facility. Or not. Also, supposed to get IVIG all day tomorrow and hoping that works out. ...

6. The following user says "thanks"

I cut back Tizanidine by 2mg per day, 4 days ago. So far so good, but no difference in side effects. Plan to do it for 2 weeks, and then another 2mg for two weeks to see the impact on side effects and spasticity.

8. The following user says "thanks"

We are expecting a major hurricane.
    Scary to think of being cut off from hospital help if become too spastic.
    And hard not to be able to help out with preparations. Sigh,,,,if we do get the hurricane, it could be awhile before cell towers and wifi is back up.

We still plan to stay for Dorian. Very scared in that I am so lame to start with. Will take ativan today so I can do final prep of storing water in all empty vessels for extra water besides the water we bought, in case it isn’t enough ...

Be well all fellow SPSers in Florida, Bahama and southeast USA coast.

Def dodged the bullet here. We will evacuate well before next predicted Cat 3/4 or above. Will either go inland to Orlando/Tampa and take everything with us, or go on plane to oldest child in major city outside of florida depending on path and figure out how to bring a lot of meds including liquid meds, manage pain, figure out the bowel issue...
    This was a good wake up call, staring down the barrel at a possible Cat 4 direct hit. For both of us.

Yesterday was IVIG day. Was thinking about “pattygail” and hoping her day went well.

Armed with three consecutive ativans and zofran, i breezed through the 8 hours of restful infusion. Didn’t even get to read, just vegged out, staring off, thinking of who knows what. Just looking for lovely moments of peace and reverie.

After, I was walking so much better, mood was better. Still walking better today.

Will stop the Rapiflo for 3 days to see if its causing the Nausea and the weakness...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920