Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SPS and overreactiveness to noise, emotions

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thanks. Will check it out tonight after IVIG!
    Tried ear plugs, and didn’t help.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((BBS & funnylegs4)))))) ~

A friend of ours, who has RA, MS-like symptoms, is recovering from a severe concussion, and now has heart issues, does Qigong exercises. She sent us two Qigong DVDs, one for stress and one for RA. Jim and I need to actually watch the videos and DO the exercises, which we haven't yet.

I found this website, where Qigong for MS and other health issues are discussed:

https://www.springforestqigong.com/q...monials-for-ms

Our friend also does Tai Chi exercises, and she says both Tai Chi and Qigong help her.

This is the RA Qigong DVD:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/sim...SABEgJGR_D_BwE

With regard to noise, I wondered whether ear plugs would help you ~ not to close out sound entirely, but to muffle noise a little.

Sending you healing energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Neat! Thanks Rose! Sorry about your friend. Was their permanent damage from the concussion? Tai Chi is supposed to be good for spasticity. I 2nd what BBS said about the earplugs. I tried them and found with CP it's not really the volume. Just about any noise can set off spasticity in CP. So no luck.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 01-24-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I figured that ear plugs was too simple of a solution, but just in case, I tossed it out there. I can't begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you.

funnylegs4 ~ Two years after her injury, our friend is better, but she still requires therapy for her concussion symptoms. Part of this is probably attributable to her not following concussion protocol after the injury. She didn't rest her brain properly, continued to work too many hours on the computer, and didn't slow down the pace of her stressful life. I don't know how athletes can return to their sports following a concussion, but that's likely why CTE exists.

I hope that Qigong might be a possibility for both of you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I figured that ear plugs was too simple of a solution, but just in case, I tossed it out there. I can't begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you.

funnylegs4 ~ Two years after her injury, our friend is better, but she still requires therapy for her concussion symptoms. Part of this is probably attributable to her not following concussion protocol after the injury. She didn't rest her brain properly, continued to work too many hours on the computer, and didn't slow down the pace of her stressful life. I don't know how athletes can return to their sports following a concussion, but that's likely why CTE exists.

I hope that Qigong might be a possibility for both of you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    No problem Rose. I appreciate the suggestion all the same. I hear earplugs help people with autism and other sensory problems so it was a good idea. I'm so sorry your friend still has symptoms but I'm glad she is doing better. The brain is delicate but at the same time more resilient than people think so I hope she continues to improve. My prayers to her.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 01-28-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Funnylegs where do you get the phosphatidylserine if you don't mind me asking? Thabks for the above info

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Earth Mother 2Angels it is funny you say you have the two Qigong videos and have not watched them. I also have them am not quite as bad. I have watched them and they definitely did seem like they would benefit my RA the few times I did them, which is what I bought Them. Now that I have also been diagnosed with SPS I had totally forgotten about them. Exercise seems to make my spasms so much worse but maybe Qigong would work. Thanks for mentioning them.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((KickingIt)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

So happy that you joined us, and I hope you will feel at home here. Sunshine has done a fantastic job of establishing this SPS forum.

That's great that you have the Qigong videos, and it would be wonderful if it helped control your spasms. I'm so glad that I mentioned them and reminded you. Please let us know if you try Qigong and how it goes.

Please call me Rose ~ we aren't formal around here!

Sending healing energy your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Exclamation

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Here is some information about phosphatidylserine:

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...gredientid=992

It cautions to check that the supplement is made with either cabbage or soy, rather than from cow brain (mad cow disease fear). You might also want to check the drug interactions tab to ensure that you aren't taking a medication, which might interact with it.

Love & Light,

Rose

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Here is some information about phosphatidylserine:

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...gredientid=992

It cautions to check that the supplement is made with either cabbage or soy, rather than from cow brain (mad cow disease fear). You might also want to check the drug interactions tab to ensure that you aren't taking a medication, which might interact with it.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Thanks Rose! I get the highest quality non animal brand via my health food store. My docs approved the brand and I am not on any medications.

Kickingit, I get it via a health food store I trust. You will have to research who carries it where you are. Good luck!

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Hm, thatís another great tip! So hard to find exercise thatís tolerable. Any hints are appreciate!
    I would also be interested in any tips funnylegs.

20. The following user says "thanks"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast