Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SPS and overreactiveness to noise, emotions

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thanks! I will try slow dancing today

2. The following user says "thanks"

I was in the locker room after swimming today and a gal was talking loudly on the phone, reverberating all over the place. That wakes up stiff Person Syndrome muscle stiffening. I was really getting overwhelmed. Luckily she left.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in the locker room after swimming today and a gal was talking loudly on the phone, reverberating all over the place. That wakes up stiff Person Syndrome muscle stiffening. I was really getting overwhelmed. Luckily she left.
    I know this feeling so well. Last year I was stuck working with this woman who was extremely loud and it sent my nervous system into tension hell. My brain felt literally fried. I was like "Please stop shouting!" She refused and said I was overly stressed. I was like "My only stress is you!" Only solution for me was a quiet space after. You're welcome!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

This neurological problem makes us look like we are Nuts!

The only way I can explain it to friends who are talking loudly is that my brain amplified sound so that their loud talking creates muscle spasms. Can hardly blame friends for thinking it’s psychosomatic!

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

This neurological problem makes us look like we are Nuts!

The only way I can explain it to friends who are talking loudly is that my brain amplified sound so that their loud talking creates muscle spasms. Can hardly blame friends for thinking it’s psychosomatic!
    Very true ha! You can say "My brain no longer processes sensory information the same way. I am hyper sensitive to audio. Please lower the volume". That worked for my relative with very sensitive hearing. Keep in mind people will forget you have sensitivity to sound so you must be patient and remind them.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Yet another good tip funnylegs:)

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I get frantic in public. I can’t stand long, and sometimes it’s awkward finding a place to lean or sit. That anxious feeling is over the top. I worry I will bark at someone.

Inconveniences that used to be annoying are overwhelming with SPS, and I sometimes I get frantic or I just cry. Each moment is so carefully plotted out in terms of wait time, number of steps, time driving, noise factor, med dosing times, hour of the day....that if something goes awry, the whole house of cards for that day tumbles down.

I am trying to get used to my new personality. I never realized how much of the personality is tied to physical strengths and wellbeing.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I get frantic in public. I canít stand long, and sometimes itís awkward finding a place to lean or sit. That anxious feeling is over the top. I worry I will bark at someone.

Inconveniences that used to be annoying are overwhelming with SPS, and I sometimes I get frantic or I just cry. Each moment is so carefully plotted out in terms of wait time, number of steps, time driving, noise factor, med dosing times, hour of the day....that if something goes awry, the whole house of cards for that day tumbles down.

I am trying to get used to my new personality. I never realized how much of the personality is tied to physical strengths and wellbeing.
    Hmm I knew 2 people with spasticity who also had anxiety disorder and panic attacks. Not sure how common it is for the 2 to occur together but I think GABA may have something to do with both. I don't have anxiety but like you if my carefully laid out plan of how many steps, how long navigating takes etc gets thrown off often enough I am known to lash out. I can't stand people who randomly schedule things and expect it to be easy for me to do all of it. Unfortunately I used to take some of this frustration out on people uninvolved with the situation who did not deserve my harshness. I always felt terrible about it. I try to be more patient now.

Is the need to sit from fatigue or panic? You may consider using a chair or scooter.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 01-22-2018 at 11:52 PM.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I can’t lift a chair. So, it means I will have to buy a new bigger car to accommodate a lift or such. Putting that expense off for now.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

((((((BBS & funnylegs4)))))) ~

A friend of ours, who has RA, MS-like symptoms, is recovering from a severe concussion, and now has heart issues, does Qigong exercises. She sent us two Qigong DVDs, one for stress and one for RA. Jim and I need to actually watch the videos and DO the exercises, which we haven't yet.

I found this website, where Qigong for MS and other health issues are discussed:

https://www.springforestqigong.com/q...monials-for-ms

Our friend also does Tai Chi exercises, and she says both Tai Chi and Qigong help her.

This is the RA Qigong DVD:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/sim...SABEgJGR_D_BwE

With regard to noise, I wondered whether ear plugs would help you ~ not to close out sound entirely, but to muffle noise a little.

Sending you healing energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast