Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiff Person Syndrome

Good morning!

You may be in the process of figuring out if you have Stiff Person Syndrome, or you may already be diagnosed, like myself.

As you know it’s exceedingly rare. Current stats have it at one in a million (but my husband already knew I am one in a million), which means you may have not yet a fellow sufferer. Personally, I think it’s more since I have met another SPS patient and my area of USA doesn’t have nearly a million people. It’s like the stats on MS. Forever they put it at 400,000 in USA, a gross underestimate. They finally increased it.

I am going to use this forum to post information about Stiff Person Syndrome to help people with it to connect, learn about it and support one another.

There is a FB page on it. It’s useful, but the format is different, and so it doesn’t allow for the same flow of information.

And perhaps if this becomes an active Stiff Person Syndrome site, google will find it and thus help other patients find it.

More later today.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 01-06-2018, 12:42 AM.

This might be of interest. Johns Hopkins University seems to have a Stiff Person Center:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
      This might be of interest. Johns Hopkins University seems to have a Stiff Person Center:

Thank you! Good sleuthing. I wonder what patient experiences here have been

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
        Thank you! Good sleuthing. I wonder what patient experiences here have been
        People in support groups I belong to have nothing but positive things to say about the doctor who is part of it. His name is Dr Newsome and he supposedly is one of the top in the country. He treats like 107 patients with SPS. My neurologist reached out to him. She had never treated a patient with SPS.

Comment

Wow! I will suggest it to my neuro next visit. He has treated 5 people with SPS in 30 years

Comment

This is all what I heard, not direct experience. My PCP has treated three, but my neither of my neuros have ever treated it.

Comment

Here is the FB link to SPS

Comment

Working...
              X