Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: January 2018 Chit Chat Peg come bak

Distinguished Community Member

Going to get cold again here too. It has been warm for several days. My back yard is not too good either Cherie. I wish HOA would put a load of dirt back there, but they will not.

Ann, glad you like your hair cut. Sounds easy to keep. Guess I am going to keep my short one.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Good news, the cleaning lady came today and went over my entire house. I'm sure I will breathe easier with all the dust vacuumed and mopped away. She did it all in just under 3 hours. A lot of energy apparently.

All my things are washed and put away too. She even folded the sheets I had washed. We are having 50's tonight and cooler tomorrow too. I am ready for Summer. I am so glad we don't get any snow. I feel for all of you. Jeanie :)

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

With the melting snow and flooding in some States and the cold and ice in others and then the mud slides in California, it seems our weather is just so unpredictable. I have felt it getting colder and colder this afternoon. I haven't been out, but I can tell it is getting colder. I am to go out and meet a brother and his wife tomorrow night and then to meditation on Monday night. Don't know if I will make it or not. I am not feeling well. I was awake most of the night and the bottom of my feet felt like they were burning and at the same time had pins sticking all over them. Then this afternoon they got so cold I finally put them in hot water.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

In the 20s and sunny here all day today. I'll take that but I wish the snow had stayed a bit longer. We emptied and cleaned the pool today and refilled it and it is now filtering and balancing. Another 48 hours and I should be back in. It has not been changed since April (company recommends every three months but with only me using it it lasts longer with fewer chemicals).

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Virgina, I hope you feel better and that the paresthesias are temporary.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

It's going to be really cold tonight, but I've already turned the faucets in both the kitchen and bathroom on, just a bit, to prevent having my pipes freeze again.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

We use the same hose to drain the pool as we do to fill it. Once it was drained and put on the faucet to flush it with clean water while I scrubbed and dried the inside of the pool and the jets, the hose froze so we had a build up in the hose then a "pop" and an ice plug came out of the hose into the pool. It was a cold day to do this. Howie, glad you are on top of the pipe issue. Also leave the doors in front of the sink pipes open (if you have doors and they are closed) as that will help the pipes to stay warmer.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thanks Ann, I did feel better today. I might have been having a reaction to my rebif shot. I met my brother and his wife for dinner. It was my youngest brother and his wife's anniversary so they went off on their own. She is still staying at my Nephews house a lot, so she was going to be there and let my brother pick her up. She told him it would be like a date.

It is very, very cold here tonight. They are pretty much expecting snow Tuesday night into Wednesday. I hope not, but we will see.

Howie, glad you reminded me to turn a couple of faucets on.

Night all!
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Where is Howie? Is he hibernating?

We are having snow come down. I don't know how much is predicted, but the Solid Waste Management Dept left a robo call on my phone saying that there would be no garbage pick-up today. I haven't had TV on so I don't know what else has been cancelled, except that I know schools would be.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I just flipped over to my Neurology office in order to see if there was an e-mail regarding my Biotin. They had up a big red Alert that their office was closed due to inclement weather. Maybe it is going to be more than I realized. I've got food, and this time even heat (at least for now) so no complaints.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast