Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2018 Chit Chat Peg come bak

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Am crossing my fingers for you Howie. In 1989 temps dipped into 20’s in florida. My external pipes froze and burst. All vegetation died off. The town was brown for months.

But the cold everyone here describes is way worse.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Well, my pipes thawed out today. None them burst that I can find. It was such a relief to have water again. I was able to wash the dishes which were piling up. I eat only once a day, but not being able to wash them, was starting to pile up.

Plus not being able to flush the toilet was getting bad. I was finally able to flush, and then gave the toilet a good cleaning.

That was a real adventure with living in such a cold environment. I don't care to do that ever again.
    Last edited by Howie; 01-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That sounds pretty miserable, Howie. I'm glad if the crisis has passed. I think I'd be spending my time at a library just for the plumbing but a person can't stay overnight there.

The roofing around here is going forward, and where did they start but right at my windows, which have been blocked with plywood all day while large, heavy pieces of roofing kept falling with very resounding thuds right outside. There will be several weeks of this. If the weather gets bad, it could take longer.

Not sure I'll get to a dental appointment next week because the van might not be able to park but we'll see.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

We started out the day at 20, it got up to 37 then by 5:30 it was back to 32 and snowing. Not quite an inch and it seems to have stopped. High tomorrow 38 and Wednesday 42. Took the tree down and out today (rather David did). I packed up all the decorations, he carried them upstairs and they are stowed in the attic.

Roofer called today and said that the weather is iffy enough for the next few days that he doesn't want to schedule till after his vacation in 2 and a half weeks. We have probably a 4 day job with the multiple roof lines, additions, flat roof over one addition and the garage roof which drops off to the bike path 40 feet below. That one concerns me.

Tomorrow is port flush, 3 month blood work, B-12 and IV Lasix. Other than a quick trip to the bank on the way to the hospital, it should be an easy day.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, glad that little ordeal ended for you. Having the plumbing taken away from me might be worse than not having any heat. LOL

Agate, I know the roofing going on around you is noisy and messy, but maybe when it is over it will all be worth it.

It is in the 30s here now. Why couldn't I have had this when the heat was out?
    Virginia

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

We hit 40 today. Went in for Port flush, labs, B12 shot and IV Lasix today and what generally takes about 15 minutes took an hour and 40 minutes. The administrative assistant was out and the girl taking her place did not have the record in order (hospital has Electronic records but the referring?prescribing docs don't have access to that so they have to fax orders and they are keeping the faxed orders in a paper folder). Everything was out of order. So...the meds were not up and the labs that were printed up and charged were not the right ones and they had to back them out and enter the right ones. Nurses were frazzled and short staffed and I wished I had not "imposed " on them for most of the visit. Usually I really look forward to my time with them.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

GEESH, how disappointing. Do you take B12 for the rest of your life?

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Neurologist says he sees no reason not to supplement it in people with MS. Most tend to feel better on it than off.

Nearly 3" of rain so far today. Most of our 15-16 inches of snow is gone but the banks are still substantial. The yard almost looks like a pond and temps have been around 50 all day.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

We hit 61 today. Crazy, I know. Between that and the rain that started this afternoon, the snow is nearly gone. Cold comes back tomorrow.

I went local to have a wash n blow dry. Looks good. Long now.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Our back yard looks like a pond. It'a warm (around 50) and we are soaked. I suspect it will freeze tomorrow and have considering alternative methods of travel. We are OK tonight

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast