Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2018 Chit Chat Peg come bak

Distinguished Community Member

Our temperature will be warmer tonight: only 15 be!ow. And a dusting of snow. I guess we should be grateful --- we've had very little snow this winter so far. Most of the big storms have passed south of us, through Illinois. What money we're saving on plowing is going in to heat the house...

The flu has flown away, for the most part, and the ON is subsiding. I just hope TC doesn't get it. Otherwise nothing new here...

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our temperature will be warmer tonight: only 15 be!ow. And a dusting of snow. I guess we should be grateful --- we've had very little snow this winter so far. Most of the big storms have passed south of us, through Illinois. What money we're saving on plowing is going in to heat the house...

The flu has flown away, for the most part, and the ON is subsiding. I just hope TC doesn't get it. Otherwise nothing new here...
    "Only 15 below"--a regular heat wave!

Good news that the flu and its problems are vanishing.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

When I got the flu, doc Rx’d Tamiflu for DH so that he would not get the flu from me. He didn’t get the flu.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

That storm on the east coast is going to come with blizzard conditions because of the strong winds. I am in the western side of MA but we will get about 6”. And then it will turn bitter cold. Seems like the whole country is having severe weather so my forecast does not sound so bad. But! But!

We have done everything to prepare for bad weather....yet the effort to keep everything on this Farm working...is the tale of a story book New England struggle to conquer the elements.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Good morning all!

I was up and out the door at 7:00. And it was 7 degrees out. I'm in the South, and that doesn't happen here.....but it did. I got in my car, and thought, "Man, that's a 12 year old battery, and now I'm asking it to start my car in these temps?".

I turned the key, and the engine turned over slowly. I turned the key a second time, and BINGO! My windshield was covered in frost, so I let it idle for a while and watched the temp gauge until it started moving upwards. By then the windshield was clear, and off I went.

The dump, the bank, and the store. We have a severe snow storm forecast, so I really stocked up. I don't mind being snowed in, as long as I don't loose power.
    No power is the pits.

So, I'm drinking my coffee, Sam is sitting on my shoulder, and all is good. Have a great day everyone!

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thank you Howie's car and thank you Linda's greenhouse heaters. And thanks to flu that goes away!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Yes, flu is leaving..but slowly. Feel a little shaky today, but not much going on here, so it isn't so much an issue. Still cold here, but at least it has made it above zero. And so far TC hasn't shown any flu symptoms. Bright and sunny here, no real snow predicted. Another storm south of us, I guess, heading east. Crazy weather, snow and ice in Georgia and Florida! But our propane tank is at 40%, enough for awhile. My car is at the shop again; battery is draining for no particular reason. And I have that hearing exam tomorrow. Bummer!
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Cold for this region, but warm to you. 58F and 30s tonight. Very windy. Hope power stays on. Really want to swim, but don’t want to inconvenience DH to have to rescue me if the legs seize up.

Got some good books though.

Feel better Cat. What a miserable time to get the flu.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I am in a room that has not had heat since yesterday morning, but I have on a coat and thought since I had to converse with family via e-mail I would let all of you know what is going on with me.

Yesterday morning my heat pump went out. They got someone out to check it and I am being told it will take 3 to 5 days for a part to come in that they need. I have gas logs in living room, but I can only close off a hall bathroom, my bedroom and this room. The rest - living and dinning rooms have cathedral ceilings, the kitchen is open with no way to close it off and the foyer and hall are open. The lady who works for me came yesterday and I sent her to get a small electric heater. I have called and she is coming back today and going to get another one. The propane for gas logs is low and even in emergency they can not get to me until Friday. Maybe not then because there is ice predicted for roads.

We are to have sleeting rain and ice this afternoon turning to snow. Governor says it will hang around even after it has stopped about Friday because the weather is so cold.

Last night the electricity went out in living room, tv was out and only microwave in kitchen was out. Dinning room lights and kitchen lights were on. I couldn't figure it out, but finally braced and went out on the deck with flashlight and hit the fuse for living room. Thank goodness everything came on. But after sleet and snow start it will be a long time before I can do that again, if it goes out again. I can not walk across my deck when it has been sleeting or snowing.

I guess that is all. Yesterday I ran two hand held phone batteries down and one cell phone. I was finally off the phone about 7:30 and was trying to fix dinner when the power went out. I was mostly holding for PAN trying to get a grant for Rebif for 2018.

Guess that is all for me now. I have on heavy coat, but hands are freezing.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I was living in Atlanta Ga. years ago, and it was like it is now. Extreme cold, and then it dropped some snow. Those people don't know how to drive in snow, and no one had snow tires.

I lived about 10 minutes from home, and everyone stopped, bad move. I got about halfway home, and the cars were bumper to bumper, and everyone was stopped, some pulling off the road.

So I pulled off the road, and walked the rest of the way home. I went back to my car the next afternoon, and made it home......with my car.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast