Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2018 Chit Chat Peg come bak

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile January 2018 Chit Chat Peg come bak

:)Peg I hope you can get back on soon. You are missed.

We are already two hours into our new year. Happy New Year everyone. year.I stayed up to watch the ball drop, mainly to hold Lacy as she was shaking so bad from all the fireworks. I think my neighbors bought out the fireworks store.

They are finally easing up so I'm headed to bed. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-31-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typo can't fix the title typo

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Hi,, thanks Jeanie,,I've been around,, its 21 below out there right now,,ewwww..

Happy New Year,, I hope this year we all manage health wise.

not much happening in our nic of the woods,,,haven;t heard from the neuro yet when, my infusion is to be, maybe this week they will let me know,, had 6 inches of snow Saturday,, and brutal temps,, just yuck,, :-(

later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

A New Year's Blessing For You All
    May God make your heart a happy one!
    Not by shielding you from all sorrows and pain,
    But by strengthening you to bear it, as it comes;
    Not by making your path easy,
    But by making you sturdy to travel any path;
    Not by taking hardships from you,
    But by taking fear from your heart;
    Not by granting you unbroken sunshine,
    But by keeping your face bright,
    even in shadows;
    Not by making your life always pleasant,
    But by showing you when people
    and their causes need you most,
    and by making you anxious to be there to help.

GOD'S LOVE, PEACE, HOPE & JOY
    To you for the year ahead and always.

Joan~nuthatch~

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Good morning everyone. I stayed up to midnight so I could post a Happy New Year greeting, then went to bed. May this be the best year ever.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad you're back, Peg!

Happy New Year to all!

The fireworks were loud around here. No snow on the ground and none in the forecast, though,and that looks good for getting groceries later this week. The service that I use will be up and running again after their 2-week break.

I spent entirely too long yesterday just trying to spend a $50 gift card that I got from taking part in a study. The study was easy--I just had to draw a bit of blood from my finger and send it to a lab and answer a few questions. If anyone wants to take part in this (it's an MS gene study), you can probably still sign up for it. I didn't post about it earlier because I had my doubts about how legit it was--couldn't find out much about the people running it. It seems to be quite legit but the gift card setup didn't work so well for me.

There was a long list of companies where I could have used the card but I tried 3 of them before I found one that would take the card. This is the URL for the study:

https://www.empowerstudyms.com/what-is-empower/

I signed up for this over a month ago but it looks as if the study is still going on.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Smile

:) Peg I am glad you are okay but your temps are scary. I hope you hear about your infusion.

I did not go to bed until 3 AM because my neighbors kept firing fireworks and Lacy was scared.

Andy called and he is going to have to take his 13 year old cat, Socks to be put down tomorrow. He left all his feral cats in the house when he went to a NY's party with a box of dirt by the door. One used the box but they were all ready to go out when he got home.

I am going to take Lacy to have her nails cut and then home and back out to grocery shop. I can't stand another grilled cheese sandwich. Happy New Year everyone. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 01-01-2018 at 09:27 AM.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jeanie, thanks for getting us started. Seems strange not to see Peg's name. Peg, do [B]not[B] go out. That kind of weather is dangerous to say the least, and of course you know living there that it is dangerous within minutes.

Nuthatch, thanks for the "New Year's Blessing". It is a nice one.

Joan, (Agate) thanks for the info on the study. Sounds like you worked for it in trying to spend the gift card.

So funny, I stayed up until after the ball dropped. However, it didn't even occur to me that I did not hear any fireworks around here at all. I had forgotten to listen for them. I don't think many of our people would have been outside last night. It was such a bitter cold. We have our own New Year's Celebration in downtown on New Year's Eve and usually many people attend that. It is also televised, but I watched the one on CNN. We drop a giant Acorn which is representative of our city.

Jeanie, so sorry Andy is having to start the New Year by taking his cat in to be put to sleep.

Ann, hope you and Peter have a good day with friends.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Happy NewYear

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi,, thanks Jeanie,,I've been around,, its 21 below out there right now,,ewwww..

Happy New Year,, I hope this year we all manage health wise.

not much happening in our nic of the woods,,,haven;t heard from the neuro yet when, my infusion is to be, maybe this week they will let me know,, had 6 inches of snow Saturday,, and brutal temps,, just yuck,, :-(

later then
    Hi Peg,
    It is brutal here too. Two 100 greenhouses using oil heat. We have lettuce growing in one and precious plants in both. If we shut them down we are out of business but I never saw them run 24/7 before! It is below O with wind chills making it 14 below...morning and night....brutal.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Smile

:) Wow Peg and Linda I hope y'all are staying warm. I do not think I could survive temps that low. The one time I saw snow was more than enough snow for me. I definitely belong in Florida.

I can understand why Peg did not get online to start the chit chat. I would be under the electric blanket with the heat on full blast. I hope you get some warmer weather soon. Jeanie :)

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast