Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. my bestest friend Brody

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well the police are doing nothing and have closed the case. Animal Control says it's my area's Code Enforcement, CE says it's a matter for one or the other. I went off on the code enforcement officer, through my tears, about who's job it was to enforce my area's codes. It's his job, they don't want to mess with it, he took my info and said he'd make some calls then call me back. That was Thursday, it is Saturday. I told him I didn't want to just let it go. Whose dog is it going to kill this spring, the Pomeranian from down the street that always get's loose. The terrier at the neighbor's, two small dogs that are friends come in my yard frequently to play with the boys and my boys would play in their yard. Not any more. They keep their dogs on leash even though they are trained to stay in their yard. As far as I can tell my neighbors have not left the dog out on tie-out since it happened. I see them walking the dog often.

I'm disgusted with all of them.

Please somebody tell me if I should press the issue or should I let it go. I cry everyday. It hurts to think of letting it go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by houghchrst; 01-20-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

((( houghchrst ))) I wish I could think of one thing to say that would be comforting or would help.

3. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

chris ,

i say, let it go.

nothing you do will bring brody back. you are holding onto anger and that isn't going to get you anywhere in the long run. dedicate your time to maybe doing a little garden memorial for brody (i think you mentioned that already), or a scrapbook...something that makes you smile or gives you peace. often, we hold onto anger to avoid dealing with the grief....think about it.

it just sucks.

((((hugs)))),
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

5. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris)))))) ~

I agree with Jeannie. You have done all that you can do to pursue this legally, and it sounds like you've encountered a brick wall.

To prevent other dogs from being attacked by the pit bull, you should meet with your dog-owning neighbors (or send them an email or a note in their mailboxes) about what happened to Brody and urging them to be cautious with their dogs. Why is the Pomeranian always escaping and running free? Those owners need to fix that problem pronto, because even if the pit bull didn't attack the Pomeranian, a car could hit the dog.

You are grieving for Brody, and that will continue for awhile with intensity, then lessen as time goes on. Right now, you're still reliving the trauma. It is so painful and stressful to grieve, but it is a process we must go through to find healing and peace.

Try to focus your energy on doing something positive in Brody's memory to give you something to hold onto instead of your anger and hurt. Your sweet little Brody wouldn't want you to be in this much pain.

Sending healing energy your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

7. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12