Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club: What are you reading?

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I just started Deep Freeze, by John Sandford. It’s his Virgil F. Flowers character which is entertaining.
    Usually he writes the Prey mysteries, but has a dozen Virgil Flowers books too. He and Michael Connelly are my favorite mystery writers.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I no longer read books due to concentration problems. I only like fairy tales and happy endings. I used to check out romance novels from the library as they always wind up happy. Jeanie :)

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I may be in the same path as Jeanie. My concentration has slipped and when I read I now read in short bursts. On line activity is good for short burst reading of course.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Same for me. I can't bear to part with a lot of my books but I can't concentrate long enough any more to read them.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reading in short bursts is still reading though. I just will not give up on reading.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I don't intend to start a controversy here, but I am reading and enjoying Hillary Clinton's newest book, What Happened. A clear and thoughtful reflection on her last campaign, how she got there, and, yes, what happened that she lost. Sometimes funny, sometimes very serious, always honest.

I read a lot. And have a lot of books, although I'm paring them down. I just sent off two shopping bags full to our local library. They sort them and put some on the shelves (I get there occasionally and find one of "my" books on the shelf), the others get sold in their used book sale, and benefit the library that way. I used to re-sell books on line, but then "billiions" of people started doing that, so I was no longer making any money.

I almost never read romance novels, but I love mystery/detectives. Sue Grafton is a favorite, and her "alphabet series" with Kinsey. Grafton is up to "W is for..." I don't know what she'll do when she runs out of the alphabet!
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I like Sue Grafton and read most except the last few. You might enjoy TheLateShow by Michael Connelly.

Do you think HRC takes some of the blame in her book?

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I had thought I might like HRC's book. Maybe I will get around to it.

I read all the Sue Grafton's Kinsey series. As soon as I finished one I would get another until I got caught up in the series. Then she wrote her latest which I read.
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've read a number of reviews of Hillary Clinton's book and would like to read it. The reviews were favorable.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Sue Grafton and read most except the last few. You might enjoy TheLateShow by Michael Connelly.

Do you think HRC takes some of the blame in her book?
    Yes she does. She takes a lot of blame. She blames the fact that she is a poor campaigner, that she never could put together a clear message and then get that message across to voters. She talks about how she couldn't get her message condensed into sound bites, that "Make America Great Again" was brilliant in that whoever heard it could read into it what they wanted, and she couldn't /didn't come up with a similar thing. She acknowledges the fact that she comes with a lot of baggage, some of her and Bill's own making, other stuff imposed upon her.

She also of course blames gerrymandering and Comey....and wonders, like a whole lot of the rest of us, how Trumps bragging about groping women didn't get him thrown off the ticket.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast