Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: December 2017

Distinguished Community Member

That's great, Jeanie. It sounds like you didn't need a nap today.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That is really a lot Jeanie and especially since you have to get your scooter out of the van and get it back in and all that stuff. That adds on to what you do. Every time you do something that takes you out of the van you have to go through the motions of getting the scooter out and back in and the ramp down and up, etc. That is a lot more exercise for you.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I did go out again today. Three straight days, but I was not gone long. Went by the credit union drive thru, by the bank drive thru and then to a neighborhood restaurant. I bought a very large twice baked potato and a large green salad. I halved each and had half tonight and will eat the other half tomorrow night. This restaurant makes all their own food and some is pretty good, but it is a little on the expensive side for some of it, so I don't go a lot.

Edited to add: When I got home I took out two loads of recycling, changed the two heating registers, and did about 30 minutes of other work - so just a little bit today.
    Last edited by Virginia; 12-04-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :) I actually did enough to feel like I did some exercise. I went to the Post Office to get stamps. I went to the bank drive up ATM. I stopped at Publix for a refund. Into the dollar store for cards, then the KFC drive thru.

I came home and ate and went back out to Home Depot for Christmas lights since Andy is going to start getting out the Christmas stuff. Now I am lounging in the computer room and exhausted. But I feel good about getting so much done. Not up to BBS or Agate standards, but good for me. Jeanie :)
    Hey! No fair comparing yourself! I am much less impaired by disease! And cannot even begin to have a day like you describe. Much if my day is on a couch with 1 or 2 bursts of exercise!

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

The meeting went well as could be expected. He was 20 mins late due to traffic and clock was ticking on my Meds and need to rest.

Another meeting Thursday

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey! No fair comparing yourself! I am much less impaired by disease! And cannot even begin to have a day like you describe. Much if my day is on a couch with 1 or 2 bursts of exercise!
    I agree. I'd like to echo what BBS said. I go out only for a very occasional 20-30 minute stroll with my rollator (haven't done that in quite a while) or to necessary medical/dental appointments using my wheelchair and the paratransit van. I haven't been in a bricks and mortar store in over a year.

Jeanie, you're doing a lot. I don't see how you can go to so many places--and in spite of having many complex transportation problems!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I was going to try a noon swim since morning was doc appointment, but no way can do that. Seems like I can only exercise in early morning. Appointments get in the way of exercise. It’s not just a swim. It’s the drive to and from, the stumble from car to the pools, stumble to locker room and stumble back to car.

Nowadays, I can hoist self out of pool, but the guard has to pull me up from the deck, and lower me down to the deck.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Swam 1/4 mile, 15 minutes. I swam at 12:55 instead of 8:00. So it was huge that I didn’t spasm. Took extra half tab of Tizanidine an hour before.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Repeat just what you did today, tomorrow. You may have found a way around the spasms. I hope so.
    Roswell was a gift.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thatís my plan Especially since I meet tomorrow morning with a politician. Letís see if something is left in th tank after the meeting!
    Last edited by BBS1951; 12-06-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Dam autocorrect

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast