Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeanie, you have a heart of gold. Itís always so refreshing to see someone live their faith.

Cherie, I appreciate all you do for patient care. And enjoy your updates.

Yes, Suze Q and Cat, check in! I too wondered if all is okay.

I love to read, maybe you do too. Is there interest in starting an ongoing Book thread?
    I think an ongoing Book thread sounds like a good idea. I used to belong to a book discussion forum, and everyone posted about what they were currently reading--in the hopes that someone else who is interested in those books or has read them might show up and say something. Since there are so many books out there, different people like quite different books, and so there isn't always much communication going on.

But here a book thread would at least encourage people to open up more about their activities. Is anyone particularly interested in starting such a thread?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I'll join, but the last time this was mentioned we had a little bit of a problem with people liking different kinds of books. Maybe that will work out this time.

Cat, you work too hard. Do you hire out?
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

....oh, and the fleet farm shop was to buy a new battery for the car....

A book group would be fun..there's not many of us here right now. Maybe we could agree on one to read together?

I see the cooking thread bouncing up from time to time...maybe now with holiday baking it'll revive. I'm cooking tofu tomorrow...anyone interested. In that?

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm glad to see there's some interest in a book discussion thread!

After all, most of us seem to read books--why not tell others about them as you go along, and others could chime in or not, depending on whether they have something to say about that book or author. Or they could chime in with something about a book (or author) they've been reading.

Sometimes I get fond of a particular author and go through as many of that author's books as I can find.

So the thread could be about authors as well as their books, of course.

One problem with picking one book that everyone would read and discuss might be that some people have trouble getting a particular book without a long wait.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vicky (Frog42), I hope you'll come back when you feel up to it. We're here for you.
    Thanks Joan. I'm hoping that will be soon.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I'm one of the weird ones (who would have thought it) but I don't read books. The last one I read was A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking. I don't think it would be a point of discussion. But a Book thread is a good idea. Why don't you start it, and ask a mod to make it a sticky?
    Roswell was a gift.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

My e-mail is on the blink. It hasn't worked since last night. I was on the phone with Spectrum this afternoon for a little over two hours with no luck. They now have access to my computer and are hopefully working on it. It is driving me nuts.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Virginia, that's the kind of problem I find very unsettling too. With e-mail there are so many little settings that can go wrong--settings within settings within settings!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Virginia ~

Are you using web email? I have Spectrum and am also having problems with my email. I use Apple email on my Mac, and suddenly, I received a notice that a "certificate" had "expired." I spent 2 hours with Spectrum, then the tech turned me over to an Apple tech, where I spent 3 hours, and it's still not resolved. I am now using Spectrum's web mail, and it stinks.

I hope that your issue is resolved soon. I know what you're going through, because this is driving me nuts too (and this happened a couple of weeks ago).

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Oh Please Rose, say it isn't so!!! NOT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND STILL NOT FIXED!!! I am using Live Mail. They are still working on mine - I guess. They have control of my e-mail, but what else could I do. It was working fine and then I just realized I was not receiving any e-mail, then I found I could not send any.

I hope yours gets straightened out soon. I find it nerve racking. I get e-mail from Doctors, insurance, etc and I know you do also. Not to mention all the people that think I am ignoring them.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast