Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Hi there,,

just sneaking in,, deer season is done , and they did really well.. 4 bucks,, , since it got to 66 degrees today we packed the hanging deer with ice, and a Canadian cold front moved in,, so we cut meat tomorrow,and vacumn seal,, I again playing dual roles as the cook, and a wrapper,its okay,, I recruited help,, not tackling this one alone..

later then..
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Our busy Peg - as usual doing something constructive. Peg, I think you cook a lot. I don't think your folks have to worry about going hungry with you around cooking, freezing and doing everything but going out shooting the meat. You are always so cheerful about it. I believe you are going back to see your Doctor sometime this week to talk about your next infusion. So very glad this working out for you.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I think that people from miles around line up outside Peg's house waiting to be fed, and they've already been fed so well there that they're rolypoly. They're out there all wrapped up in their winter coats and just waiting for that venison stew to be served.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Virginia, I think that people from miles around line up outside Peg's house waiting to be fed, and they've already been fed so well there that they're rolypoly. They're out there all wrapped up in their winter coats and just waiting for that venison stew to be served.
    you B so funny Joanie,, lol, my stew is gone,, now its chicken and noodles,, I am fixing,,its easy,,

I go next Tuesday to the neuro,, ..to get this sceheduled..
    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 12-04-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Wow Peg! You get some kind of award!

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    Linda, The Big Sick was the main one I really liked. I think it is one of the best movies I have seen in awhile. The other one was "Allied". It is a WWII setting with Matt Damon.

The ones I have seen on Netflix have been pretty good, but not nearly as good as either of these, but especially "The Big Sick".

BBS, if I come across "The Doctor" I will watch it.

Cherie, let us know if you see any good ones.

I think I am enjoying this right now because I have not been out to a movie in at least 5 years and not many then. I had a next door neighbor that use to enjoy movies and occasionally we would go when the theatre was one floor and not hard to get into. Now that she moved to Atlanta 5 or 6 years ago I no longer go. She is the one who talked me in to getting a Roku. We still talk by phone and e-mail.
    The doctor is about an arrogant insensitive doc who gets cancer and becomes a patient, and thus treated by an arrogant insensitive medical system. It opens his eyes and humanizes him.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I finally got mail today. First time since last Tuesday. It was in one of those big boxes that you see on the mail trucks. It was full. The mailman rang my door bell one time and left. I got all the stuff in and left the box out there. So I am hoping this indicates that the Postmaster has told them to bring it to my house, since my box is so far away. I bet that mail carrier is upset with me, but I do have a Doctor's letter which I read to the Postmaster. They have not asked me to send them the letter itself. I had insurance information in there so glad I got it. I was beginning to think I was a victim of ID theft, because last week at time I stopped getting my mail I also got a call from Chase saying that my credit card had a fraud charge on it. The man insisted on cancelling it and sent me another one by next day UPS. Sure glad he did that because I have used it and if he had not sent it UPS I would not have had it.

One thing I had bought for hairdresser for Christmas was declined because the card would not go through. Guess I will have to give her a check and apologize with explanation because my appointment is Monday and I don't have time to get anything in between now and then. I talked to Chase today and they told me that charge had been declined or I would not have known. They have been nice to work with.
    Last edited by Virginia; 12-05-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know what happened to SuzE-Q? She was a regular here but hasn't been seen in quite a while. I sent her an e-mail--so far, no reply. Hope she's all right!

Virginia, you must have received quite a pile of mail! Good that the bank straightened out the possible ID theft. I've had that happen too, and always got a replacement card promptly.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, I am really surprised that Suze-Q has stayed gone so long. It is a little unusual. I wish she would report in and tell us what is going on. I think of her all the time and keep wondering.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    The doctor is about an arrogant insensitive doc who gets cancer and becomes a patient, and thus treated by an arrogant insensitive medical system. It opens his eyes and humanizes him.
    I liked the Doctor and the Big Sick. I think it should be a prerequisite to care for others to be at the mercy of the medical system for yourself! The best doctors and nurses are really those who have been sick and have experienced "routine care".

I did a program in Fullerton, Ca tonight and it always humbles me to see what people are living with and how ill equipped their health care team so often is in managing care and in really hearing their (our) voices.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast