Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Jeanie, it looks like a lot of activity, but I spend a lot of time line on the couch or sitting on a chair. Yesterday‘s activity resulted in me lying on the couch for almost 6 hours afterwards, trying to recover, unsuccessfully. I found myself even thinking that maybe I should give up on the exercise.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Agate, I didn't spend it all, but a pretty good chunk on bills. I had car insurance to pay. That's every 3 months. So I've got everything to make another big pot of pasta which takes care of my food bill for the month except for milk and maybe coffee.

BBS, why don't you stop exercising for awhile, and just see how you feel. I know for me, I have X amount of energy per day, and if I use it all up, I will pay for it the next few days.

My exercise is what I do just for living. Taking care of my cat Sam, fixing me a meal, doing the dishes, taking a bath, doing laundry, etc. Just living.
    Roswell was a gift.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

But.....BBS loves her surfing and her surfing buddies and we love it when she tells us about it. She just takes us right with her. I think keep it up as long as you can. All too soon, you may not be able to.

This afternoon I went to a baby shower that was the nicest I have ever been to. It was at 2:00P.M. and I was not expecting to have a sit down dinner. Actually, we went through the line and got our food and then set at tables to eat. There were a lot of tables for eight people. Not all were filled, but still lots of people. A lot of work went into this one. It lasted from 2 until after 4P.M.

I came home for just a few minutes and left again to go meet a brother and a sister-in-law that was with me this afternoon. We went out to eat. Honestly, I am so tired. I need to go out again tomorrow, but do not know if that will be possible.

I am enjoying my Roku and having Netflix and Amazon Prime movies. I have seen two really good ones on Amazon Prime.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Off to LA in the morning and then Tuesday evening doing a program for the MS Foundation in Fullerton and Wednesday in Thousand Oaks. Back home late Thursday night. full day... 8-10 hours getting coast to coast via plane. I have never been able to sleep on planes but should have a couple of opportunities to watch a movie. I will let you know if any of the ones I see are worth seeking out and watching.

40s here, 70s there. So I will wear jeans and sneakers and a jacket to and from and more summery attire while there. Still only one small roller bag.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Traveling light always seems like a good idea. Good time not to be in New England, with winter weather coming on. Hope you can catch some California sunshine.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Happy travels Cherie! Go get em!

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But.....BBS loves her surfing and her surfing buddies and we love it when she tells us about it. She just takes us right with her. I think keep it up as long as you can. All too soon, you may not be able to.

This afternoon I went to a baby shower that was the nicest I have ever been to. It was at 2:00P.M. and I was not expecting to have a sit down dinner. Actually, we went through the line and got our food and then set at tables to eat. There were a lot of tables for eight people. Not all were filled, but still lots of people. A lot of work went into this one. It lasted from 2 until after 4P.M.

I came home for just a few minutes and left again to go meet a brother and a sister-in-law that was with me this afternoon. We went out to eat. Honestly, I am so tired. I need to go out again tomorrow, but do not know if that will be possible.

I am enjoying my Roku and having Netflix and Amazon Prime movies. I have seen two really good ones on Amazon Prime.
    Hi,
    What two movies were on Amazon prime that you liked? I am watching "the big sick". It is really good. I watched the series Fearless. I really liked that. I am watching a lot these days.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

My pasta is done, and I made a fresh batch of coleslaw. Now let both sit for a while, then I chow down. And the kitchen is clean except for the big covered pan full of pasta. Ahhhhhhh.....
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Good job Howie!

Haven’t seen the Big Sick. Did see The Doctor with Wm Hurt years ago- terrific movie

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Linda, The Big Sick was the main one I really liked. I think it is one of the best movies I have seen in awhile. The other one was "Allied". It is a WWII setting with Matt Damon.

The ones I have seen on Netflix have been pretty good, but not nearly as good as either of these, but especially "The Big Sick".

BBS, if I come across "The Doctor" I will watch it.

Cherie, let us know if you see any good ones.

I think I am enjoying this right now because I have not been out to a movie in at least 5 years and not many then. I had a next door neighbor that use to enjoy movies and occasionally we would go when the theatre was one floor and not hard to get into. Now that she moved to Atlanta 5 or 6 years ago I no longer go. She is the one who talked me in to getting a Roku. We still talk by phone and e-mail.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast