Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT December Chit Chat

Hi everyone ,,<waving>

hows things going ?,, its going good here,, this weekend I play cook ,, shotgun seasons starts,,{deer},, a whole bunch of hunters descend on our farm,, have my menu planned,,>> vegtable venison stew, cookies, bars, rolls,, a lot more, probally ,,I don't mind ,,

weather still is in the 50's but gonna change next week,, highs in the teens, >>brrrr !!

I go the 12th to the new neuro, in DM,, so they can, okay the next infusion, in January,,

thats all folks,, later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Sam is out hunting deer too, but so far I haven't seen her bring any home. So I'm not cooking anything else until I actually see her bring one home, then I can start making the side dishes. Sounds like you have quite a feast planned.
    Roswell was a gift.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

You didn't expect me to sleep when we got paid today, did you? Well, I didn't but I tried. I have the online banking, so I can see if we have gotten paid yet. It's just waiting on the store to open before I go to the bank.

All my checks have been written so I'll mail them off as I leave. And my brother sent me some DVDs which I'm sure will be there when I come back from the store. I also have one bag of trash to take to the dump.

So whenever you sleepyheads get up, have a great day!
    Roswell was a gift.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Peg, I just love what you do! I so enjoy reading about your farm life :)

Howie, sounds like a party!

Am supposed to go surfing tomorrow. Forecast for waves is poor, but there is always fun to be had no matter what.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, you're obviously one very busy lady, and yet you take the time to get in here on the first of every month and start up a thread for us!

Anyone recall a discussion of the post office's new system of sending out e-mails to let people know what mail should be in their mailbox that day? I've been using it for some time now, and have reason to be glad it's there.

Weeks ago the e-mail showed me a personal letter from a woman who used to live here. She hardly ever writes and so that was a surprise. But I never got it.

I took a close look at the e-mail photo of the envelope. She'd addressed it right except that she got the apartment number wrong--105 instead of 106. The woman in 105 is bedridden, and helpers get her mail. They may not look at it carefully, or they may not get it very often, or whatever. If she got that piece of mail by mistake, I still never got it.

I know her and could ask her but it seems like an imposition. She'd probably feel obliged to look all around for it, and she's just not well enough to try that, IMO.

Luckily there's a process built into this new system where you can report a piece of mail you didn't receive, and so I've started that.

The problem really is that our current mail carrier is very careless. The letter was addressed perfectly in every other way. She should have realized that my name isn't the name in apartment 105, but she's always in a big rush, and I'm always getting other people's mail.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peg, you're obviously one very busy lady, and yet you take the time to get in here on the first of every month and start up a thread for us!

Anyone recall a discussion of the post office's new system of sending out e-mails to let people know what mail should be in their mailbox that day? I've been using it for some time now, and have reason to be glad it's there.

Weeks ago the e-mail showed me a personal letter from a woman who used to live here. She hardly ever writes and so that was a surprise. But I never got it.

I took a close look at the e-mail photo of the envelope. She'd addressed it right except that she got the apartment number wrong--105 instead of 106. The woman in 105 is bedridden, and helpers get her mail. They may not look at it carefully, or they may not get it very often, or whatever. If she got that piece of mail by mistake, I still never got it.

I know her and could ask her but it seems like an imposition. She'd probably feel obliged to look all around for it, and she's just not well enough to try that, IMO.

Luckily there's a process built into this new system where you can report a piece of mail you didn't receive, and so I've started that.

The problem really is that our current mail carrier is very careless. The letter was addressed perfectly in every other way. She should have realized that my name isn't the name in apartment 105, but she's always in a big rush, and I'm always getting other people's mail.
    Rather than bother her, can you stop one of her helpers and ask them? If the post office traces it, a notice will come to her, won't it?
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what the next step in the tracing procedure is. I reported it as missing mail after the required week had passed. But asking one of the helpers is an excellent idea. I know one of them and often see her around. She's been this woman's helper for about 15 years!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I could not sleep last night so at 2:30 I got up and took a shower and shampooed my hair. Then I blew it dry and back to bed at 4. I slept until 1 PM with several bathroom breaks. At 3 I took a nap until 6.

Yesterday I did Christmas cards and cut my list in half from last year. I put them all in the mailbox and the postman took them. I wanted to go hear Andy's band practice but I just do not have the energy. BBS I am impressed with all you and Agate do. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-02-2017 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I tried to get my mail today for the first time since Tuesday. The maid got it for me then. There was not one scrap of paper in the mailbox. I know that it is not right. There should be quite a lot of mail. It must have gotten so full that they took it back to the Post Office, but they didn't leave a slip to pick it up with.

I have a letter from the Doctor stating that they should deliver my mail to me, but the woman who takes care of approving that is just not returning my phone calls. I will have to try and get it straightened out Monday. I hope I feel like getting out. It is hard to go without mail.

Peg, sounds like more big doings at your spread. Are you still riding your horse? You do a lot of cooking, which is amazing.

Jeanie, hope your fatigue gets better. When I went out 4 days in a row last week-end it just did me in and I wasn't much good this week. Now I may be about to do it again. I went out to run errands today, then tomorrow there is a baby shower for my Niece in the afternoon and dinner with two brothers and SILs tomorrow evening. Then Monday I need to go to the credit union and the Post Office to try and get my mail straight. Maid is not due this week, so I hope that I can get everything done in the house.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Well, Howie, did you spend it all yet?

Peg must be an expert cook. She doesn't just cook for her immediate family--she's often cooking for whole mobs of people!

Virginia, there are days here when nobody gets any mail even though it's no holiday. Some of the mail carriers seem poorly trained or indifferent. I've heard that this is particularly likely to be the way it is during the holiday season, when the post office hires a lot of extra people, who may or may not know what they're doing.

I just read a moderately interesting book--A GUIDE TO LIES: CRITICAL THINKING IN THE INFORMATION AGE by Daniel J. Levitin. It's about how easily we can be deceived by pseudo-science and playing around with statistics.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast