Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New kitten

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the obsessive licking has gotten better and she doesn't lick herself she licks the humans. When it gets too bad I just put her down. I attribute it to being force weaned too young. People are just in a hurry to get rid of the babies they didn't plan for. They should have gotten their cat fixed.

I can get Bella fixed for $40 but she has to weigh two pounds and she isn't quite that yet. She's going to be petite.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well our kitty is almost full grown. She is about 9 months. Just as I imagined cats being lol. She does not like to be held and cuddled. She comes to us for affection though. She does fall asleep in Jared's lap when he is on the computer lol. She wants to explore everywhere kitties can go. I am slowly making things more kitty friendly thereby getting rid of some clutter. Knick knacks that aren't that important to me have gone in a box for CL.

She has an appt on the 4th to be spay and get some vaccinations. She, unfortunately, shifts in and out of heat on practically a daily basis. It's a toss up each morning lol, I feel so bad for her sometimes. She is strictly indoors but I am thinking of getting her microchipped. A new pet care clinic has opened in our city and they specialize in spay/neuter and vaccinations that low income families can afford. They also do rescue work. There is a tremendous demand, a lot of rescues and volunteers help pet owners get the shots and surgeries to help them be able to keep their pets. I have learned that this network of people are a force to be reckoned with when there is a cry for help. It's wonderful to watch it unfold through FaceBook groups

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12