Hello Everyone :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone :)

Hello guys and gals, It has been a long time since i last logged onto this site actually it has been years. When i first started using this site it was bustling there were hot topics everywhere on every disability,addiction and disease under the sun.

I decided to drop in to see how things are going. As about myself as you probably guessed i have aspergers syndrome, and i'm epileptic with partial complex seizures and some grand mals, depression/anxiety disorder and some typical male medical problems physical ails.

Other than that i'm pretty fit for my age (32). But anyways enough about me, tell me about yourselves and what you like to do on your spare time. Me? I'm a musician,artist,poet,historian, i love playing video games and talking on discussion forums online.

I'm currently attending college at oakland community college (OCC) and i just have to take a few more classes and i'll get my associates degree in the liberal arts soon.

But anyways i'm rambling but that's what we do best. Drop me a line and i'll be sure to get back. I'm currently attending two classes but i'm free on weekends. I hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
    Greg
    Last edited by autistic&gifted30; 11-08-2011, 08:27 PM. Reason: the word "and" was missing a "d".

I understand dropping in on an old familiar forum every so often. I've done that on another one that felt like "home" to me. But it has changed. People come. People go. The ambiance changes. So cool - you are a musician, artist, historian....

I have never been diagnosed with aspergers... I am just "asperger-ish." I learned a lot more social skills from my KIDS!!! - They caught on to some of my quirks (deficits?) and helped me understand better. I'm now comfortable "in my own skin," so to speak. But some friends say they think it was just some major holes in my childhood, not "asperger's" In any case, I don't want to pass as something I'm not. My love in life is science and I used to be a computer engineer with IBM, but now I guess I am a reluctant writer. I love music, but create none. I love art, but I create none. I guess I am an admirer of the creativity in people like you. I say I am completely non-creative, but people say that is just artistically. I am a creative problem solver. Totally different.
    Last edited by Naominjw; 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM.

Comment

in reply to your post

Hello Naomin, You can admire or have perceptions of music and art and still have a creative bone in your body, everybody does. It's merely a matter of finding out what gets your creative juices flowing ex: is it painting? is it charcoal drawings? etc. I've always believed everybody has talent it's just a matter of finding out what kind of talent you have.

Nonetheless thank you for your reply it has been a pleasure hearing from you. Keep those posts coming i'd like to hear what you have to say on the matter. And about the aspergers part "If you feel you have these quirks that are relevant in any way to autism and you have alot of the general traits then you're likely autistic."

I know it's hard to come to grasps with ones self sometimes particularly when it comes to health related issues. But if you think you have aspergers (or as they said on another web site) feel like an "aspergian" then you probably are. Anyways i'll let you go i'm gonna check my e-mail and facebook. I hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
      Greg
      Last edited by autistic&gifted30; 11-11-2011, 04:56 AM. Reason: missing or extra letters.

Comment

Dear Naomi, Thank you for the reply, sorry for the astronomically late reply so much has been going on as of late and with school and everything going on in my life i've had a hard time keeping up with my online life. Plus as much as I enjoy this site it's a rarity that I log on though I should resolute to do so more often. You know as a creative problem solver you should be an inventor. Invent new things and make money off of it. I'm sure if we crashed heads on some ideas we'd come up with some amazing stuff. Anyways nonetheless thanks again and I shall add you to my list of friends to contact should the need arise :).

Signed,
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X