No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ann, I am glad you have him to understand.

By the way, I am getting a Roku. Yes me who hardly knows what one is. It is so I can hopefully get the channel that has movies which I also have to sign up for. I am, all of a sudden having brain fog very bad and can't remember something that I have on the tip of my tongue, which is the name of the channel.
    Virginia

Comment

Can you believe it is Netflix. I can't believe I could not come up with it. Scares me.
      Virginia

Comment

It's late for us, Virginia. We've used up our spoons for the day. The neurons are tired.

ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I had no neurons today, all day. But I plan to hit the grocery store tomorrow. I liked when I used to get up in time to be there when the doors open at seven, but now I guess it will be whenever I get up.

Being it will be a Sunday, I'm not sure how crowded it will be. I don't care about it being crowded inside, but it's the parking lot, and how close to the front door, and the motorized carts I am.

I have a certain amount of walking I can do, but at least I CAN still walk. I have to remember how lucky I am to be able to walk at all.

So that's my big plans for tomorrow. Have a good night all.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

:) I got up about 1 PM and ate and back to bed. I woke again about 3:30 and stayed up. I have not accomplished anything today other than rest.

I hope Andy will come tomorrow as I would like to eat out but do not like to go alone. Take care everyone. Jeanie :)

Comment

Watched an older movie (2006) on Amazon Prime this evening entitled "The Departed" It starred Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alex Baldwin, Donny Wahlberg, Charlie Sheen and Jack Nicholson. This movie is being taken out of Prime on 11/30/17. Well done about a Massachusetts state trooper (Damon) who has been cultivated since childhood to be a protector to Nicholson's organized Crime family in Boston. DiCaprio, as a South End kid who makes good and leaves so many family members in the dust to become a State Trooper, goes under deep cover, arrested, on probation and into a relationship with the head of the said Crime family (Nicholson). It is an intricate plot with an interesting outcome. Note, there are some scenes of a sexual nature (seconds, to be exact), car chases, shootings, loss of life. Ultimate, the move has an ending that surprised both of us.

Comment

I may be able to stream movies from Amazon when I get my Roku set up. I really don't know. I saw something that let me to believe I would.
                Virginia

Comment

Am the same way Howie. If you get to store mid day here, no motor carts available. If too early, they aren’t at front of store yet. Got caught this way yesterday. It was not a pretty scene.

Comment

Well, I'm up early, and will make the store just as they open. Actually, I didn't sleep last night. I took my OTC sleep med, and as has happened before, it had no affect. But after I get back from the store, I'll take a nap.

So sleepy heads, have a great day!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I was awake before you, Howie! I can't seem to sleep much past 5:30 a.m... So I lie in bed and play on my Kindle, and harass folks on here and Facebook! :)

Beautiful day, here, today! Bright sun, not too cold, nice day for a drive and dinner out! Ooooops....car is in the mechanics shop, still. Oh well.
                      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Do any of you remember Howie's missing shoe? Well, I've got something that is just as baffling. My Roku that I ordered came in today not long before I left to go out to dinner. I took it out of the box and put the batteries in the remote. I then left everything on the kitchen counter and left.

Everything is where I left it other than the Roku. I have searched the house. Yes even places that I had not been and even drawers and I cannot come up with it. All the other parts are here. When I say I have searched the house, I mean for probably 2 1/2 hours. It is driving me nuts. I had ordered a nice one rather than just a real cheap one because my wifi is located in my modem which is a couple of rooms away. My cable people told me it would be fine. This Roku is supposed to pick up better than some that were cheaper so I paid the price and before I even installed it, I have lost it.

I mean this thing is GONE!!! I have searched and searched. I even went in the refrigerator and freezer which makes no sense, but I did. It is driving me nuts. I was about there already and now I think I am there.
                        Virginia

Comment

Virginia, any chance that someone stole it? Or did you put it in the car to ask your brother something about it?

I've lost things in my purse and taken every last thing out of it many times looking for the "whatever." Eventually it manifests exactly there but is not there the first 6 or 7 times I look.

Maddening. Good luck!
                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

We woke at 8:45 this morning. Such slug a beds are we! But it meant that we each had a full 8 hours of sleep.

Comment

Has anyone seen or heard from Gary? He defriended me on FB because I posted something that could have been interpreted as "political" Not my usual but he has not spoken to me since then (about three months ago). I miss him! I have been through times when I have needed to separate myself from someone who has been focused on current events and the political temperature in their area and I can fully understand that. However, to take a 15 year relationship and discard it because of a shared post seems a bit over the edge. I left this group because Gary felt put upon and judged and challenged a bit over a year ago. Any suggestions about to heal the rift?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherie View Post
                                Has anyone seen or heard from Gary? He defriended me on FB because I posted something that could have been interpreted as "political" Not my usual but he has not spoken to me since then (about three months ago). I miss him! I have been through times when I have needed to separate myself from someone who has been focused on current events and the political temperature in their area and I can fully understand that. However, to take a 15 year relationship and discard it because of a shared post seems a bit over the edge. I left this group because Gary felt put upon and judged and challenged a bit over a year ago. Any suggestions about to heal the rift?
                                I wish I knew of a way, Cherie. Gary notified me towards the end of November 2016 (almost a year ago) that he was unfriending me on FB and that he was turning off the PM function here at BrainTalk because he'd found he couldn't cancel his registration but he wanted to cut himself off from this board. He considers some of us (me among others) intolerant and pursuing a liberal agenda.

Many people have said repeatedly that they miss him. We all miss him. But I'm afraid he doesn't miss us. He'd be welcomed back any time he wants to return.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X