No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoebe was moderately long haired and had frequent hairballs. There was a pattern--loss of appetite for a while, then the hairball, and then there might be a recovery period while she gradually got her appetite back, or maybe there'd be a wait for another hairball or two.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

We have been on the road all day and got a message from our cell provider that we had used 93% of our data till November 22. David got a new phone and it was not programmed into the wireless programs in the places he frequents and since we went on a bundled cost saving program for the two of us, neither can check email from the phone for a few more days.

Home now and checking messages.

Comment

A person with MS about 50 miles away that my MMJ doc had put me together with via email, began MMJ two days ago. She got tremendous pain relief the same day with MMJ. Nothing else had helped.

We must vote out local politicians who block opening dispensaries locally for MMJ. Ignorant, self righteousness. May they be struck by MS.

Comment

Oh, Howie, I'm sorry to hear about Sam not eating! That is not a good sign in an older cat. I hope she's drinking water -- it's really easy to get dehydrated. When my Tuffy stopped eating we took him to the vet, she put him on prednisone, which he's been on for a couple of months now. He started eating again, gained weight, and is doing OK.
          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

I went to the store today, and got sliced turkey, and tuna. I got home, and crushed a slice of turkey and put it in her bowl, and she ate all of it in one sitting. I gave her another, but haven't been to the kitchen yet to see how she did with it, but she has her normal appetite again! What a relief!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

That’s such good news :)

Comment

It certainly is. I strongly suspect that Sam has far more power than anyone realizes. We can't have anything going wrong with Sam.

That's Sam the Cat of Howie's that I'm talking about. Peg's dog named Sam might have all kinds of power too but she's being cunningly quiet about it.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Howie, in addition to the hair ball, she just needed a little attention, since she never gets any.
                  Virginia

Comment

Today I went to hairdresser and she was telling me about a young 19 year old girl who had been diagnosed with MS. The Doctor who told her she had it told her she would probably go blind, would not be able to finish college and would not be able to teach as she had planned. Her family quickly got her to another Doctor and a nurse is going to her house and administering Solumedrol.

I do not know what drug she plans to go on but I would certainly recommend that she ask about Ocrevus. I told my hairdresser about Tysabri and what can possibly happen. Also, at her age she has a long time to go on medication, so I would not think Tysabri would be a good thing. I told her that they should not believe that Doctor and that by the time whatever she goes on stops working, assuming it does, something else will probably have come along.

I can't imagine what kind of Doctor would tell someone what the first Doctor told her - even if it was true, a Doctor should not take away hope.
                    Virginia

Comment

That doctor probably did a lot of damage, Virginia. Shame on him.

I took my Lily cat to have dental surgery today. I Ubered her there at 8 AM. Not my favorite time to be up and dressed and out in the world.

Her vet woke me later at 11:45 AM to say he pulled 4 molars and cut out some "inflamatory tissue."

At 5 PM I went back and got her. The first thing she wanted bsck home was supper! I quickly mixed her antibiotic (banana flavored Clavimox) into a small portion of food. After she ate that, I gave her some more food.

Just now, I had to get to bed but I needed to give Lil her pain med. This one is liquid and I mixed it in a tad of olive oil. Success!

Husband is in Columbus for work. I miss him and also the "divide and conquer" team work.

Did I say I was tired?
                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Doctors don't have crystal balls. I wish they'd stop pretending they do. People believe them.

That doctor sounds like one to avoid. Glad your hairdresser's friend with MS is moving on to a different doc, Virginia.

Today I had a routine doctor's appointment, a followup to the lab work that I had done about a week ago. BP 122/64, BMI 24. Lab results were all OK as I probably said before. HbA1C = 5.2.

We discussed whether the vitamin D3 dosage (5,000 IU/day) was OK even though the vitamin D level went down since it was measured some years ago, from 76 to 70. The doctor said to continue with the 5,000 IU/day.

The appointment was at 11 AM but I had to get on the van at 9:30. I got there 45 minutes early and waited till 11. I'd scheduled a return trip to arrive between 12:30 and 1. The system always gives the passenger a half-hour "window," and the ride can show up any time in that half hour.

I was done by 11:30 and called to ask for an earlier pickup but that wasn't possible. I waited till 1 but at least the homeward trip was a straight shot, no other riders, and I was home at 1:30.

But it was cold and drafty in that medical office building. It always is. Something is wrong with their heat, and in the 8 years I've been going there, they've shown no signs of fixing it.

This time I was told I could help myself to coffee, herbal tea, or cocoa on a table that was there in the waiting area. I avoid hot liquids because I'm too apt to spill them but this time I was so cold that I thought hot tea might be nice while waiting. It was, but I took only a few sips. I just knew I'd spill it. So I left the rest of it. Just those few sips, plus a few raisins from a little box of them in my handbag, and I was warmed up enough to stop shivering.

While waiting there I watched the rain start to come down in sheets. Then after about half an hour the sun was out, shining brightly, and on the way home I had to wear my sunglasses.

I got home to find in the mail a bill from the neuro I saw over a year ago, the one I couldn't keep because he wasn't in my insurance network. The bill was just for a $35 copay.

The original bill was for $479. I appealed the bill after the claim was denied, and was sent a letter saying that an exception had been made in my case, and the bill would be covered. What luck! So I paid the $35 this evening, and that will put an end to that question. Medical bills can hang around for quite a while until issues are settled, can't they?
                        Last edited by agate; 11-13-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

:) I am glad Sam is eating again. My son Andy took one of his cats to the vet as she has lost weight and is not eating good. Turned out she has liver problems and jaundice. He said the vet looked under her tongue and around her eyes and there was yellow. She is no on antibiotics until he gets the blood work back.

My van is still at the mechanics and they found several other problems Hopefully I will get it back tomorrow. Please say a prayer for my van to get back in wonderful shape. So many things I have put off, going to the bank, post office, nail salon, my cupboards are really bare now too. I will try to get some of these done. Jeanie :)

Comment

Good luck Jeanie!

Indeed lucky Agate!

That was a big day out Ann :)

Virginia, when I went to a new doctor about my swallowing problem, he cavalierly said, “well, you have MS, I would stretch esophagus because eventually you will need a feeding tube because you have MS “

Well, I was tempted to say that, “well, you are a middle-aged man. Most likely you are going to have a heart attack sometime soon. Let’s go ahead and do surgery on your heart now to prevent that! “

However, I thought better of it and decided to just smile, walk out and never come back.

Comment

Howie, I'm glad Sam is eating again! It's always so scary when our furkids are ailing.

My car is broke, now. We went to town (45 miles away) on Saturday and the car was rumbling. I didn't say anything as TC didn't seem to notice. We came back, and it was rumbling louder. This time he notices....a whole piece of the exhaust system was hanging on by "a thread". Oops. And then there's a brake light on the dashboard (not the actual light, but a light indicating that the emergency brake is on) that hasn't worked for awhile. And it needs its oil changed, and its antifreeze refilled before it gets to be REALLY winter.

So TC called our friendly mechanic, who can't deal with it until Thursday. So I'm in the house until then. Well, don't have anywhere to go, anyway, so no big deal! :) When we went to town we went to the big fancy grocery store there, and I stocked up with enough food to get us through the winter, I think -- assuming we can do without friesh veggies. :)

And winter is coming. We had our first snowfall (didn't stick) on Sunday..and it's been at or near freezing all week and probably until April, now. Gotta love Midwest winters!
                              ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

:) My mechanic is coming to pick me up at 1:30. I have no idea how much it will be, but it will go on the Visa card. So many things not done that I am almost overwhelmed.

I need new batteries for my portable phones and Radio Shack is closed now so I have to go south to Lantana to get some. I need stamps to mail bills and my nails done. Also a major grocery shopping as I ate almost everything.

I am going to pay for Thanksgiving dinner and Jim is going to get it from Boston Market. I have not heard the results of Andy's cats blood work. She is eating okay now. Jeanie :)
                                Last edited by Jeanie Z; 11-14-2017, 08:22 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X