No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 of 4 of my most serious flares occurred within 1 day and 6 weeks after flu shot. Maybe coincidence?

Comment

Flu shot reactions--I've never had a flu shot without some reaction, sometimes a long-lasting one. The very least I can expect is a week with a sore arm, sore enough so I don't sleep on that side. Sometimes I get a fever and what feels like a slight case of the flu for a day or more, and then the sore arm might last for 2-3 weeks.

Any fever means that MS symptoms get bad for me. I'm clumsy and slow, the bladder is wackier than usual, vision is worse, walking is worse.

BBS, I don't know if your MS flares could be due to the flu shot. The one that happened a day later looks suspiciously related to the flu shot but I doubt that the flare 6 weeks later would be.

Virginia, I haven't had that message on my computer but I'm definitely going to look at the links Rose posted because it did sound like a scam to me too.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:)Hi everyone. I woke to go to the bathroom at 10 and called my mechanic. I think he told me yesterday they were replacing the radiator. Well they also had to do something to the AC and now the oil pan is leaking oil, so they are going to keep it until Monday.

I had planned to get my nails done and go hear Andy's band, but I will be staying home. I do have enough groceries to last until then. I worry that with no van on the carport one of the gangs might think no one is here and try to break in. I am keeping my alarm set. I also turn on the outside lights at night.

I just got up and I am having lunch and then I will take a nap. Have a nice weekend everyone. Jeanie :)
        )

Comment

Agate, sorry for your loss.
          Be the person your dog thinks you are

Comment

More van wars!

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
              Flu shot reactions--I've never had a flu shot without some reaction, sometimes a long-lasting one. The very least I can expect is a week with a sore arm, sore enough so I don't sleep on that side. Sometimes I get a fever and what feels like a slight case of the flu for a day or more, and then the sore arm might last for 2-3 weeks.

Any fever means that MS symptoms get bad for me. I'm clumsy and slow, the bladder is wackier than usual, vision is worse, walking is worse.

BBS, I don't know if your MS flares could be due to the flu shot. The one that happened a day later looks suspiciously related to the flu shot but I doubt that the flare 6 weeks later would be.

Virginia, I haven't had that message on my computer but I'm definitely going to look at the links Rose posted because it did sound like a scam to me too.
              The one after 6 weeks, I was told it could cause attack within 6 weeks. It was my first big attack ever.

But one day later seems awfully soon to trigger an attack, as opposed to a pseudo flare

Comment

I know that when I get a pop up on my computer like that it is a scam. But what Rose linked to about Microsoft does not work. I can not click on anything. A voice is telling me what number to call (Fat chance of that happening) and I can't turn my computer off with the mouse. So even though I don't like to do it I reach over and immediately manually turn it off on my hard drive. I wait a little while and turn it back on. Funny that it got me on Edge and Internet Explorer within minutes of each other. Today I am back on Edge.

Something happened with that flu shot, but maybe it was that with the Rebif on top of it. They gave me a Senior shot which I have never had before. Yesterday I felt better and went out, but today I have not felt well and I have had the headache much of the day. The Senior shot is stronger than the regular one, but it doesn't cover as many types of the flu - or something like that according to the Nurse in the Doctor's office.
                Virginia

Comment

Virginia, I'm able to click on Rose's links. The second one says:

Q:A Microsoft security alert screen, real or a scam?

A Microsoft security alert screen came up on my computer (fills up entire screen.) It says not to close the screen or you won't be able to get back up? It gives a phone number to call immediately, but you get a message that all the agents are busy, call back in 15 minutes. Is this real or a scam? What should I do?

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... replied on January 2, 2017
                  MVP

A:

It's a scam. Do not call!

Click the OK button at the bottom of the popup. You should then see a box Do not allow this site to create new pages. Check it and then close the window.

If that does not resolve it:

Use the Task Manager to exit the browser. Reboot and see if the pop-up goes away.
                  There's more to it but it's mostly links to show you how to use the Task Manager.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

It sure is quiet today. Did everyone's computer get locked up? Cat got your tongue? Well it's not Sam!

Sam is not eating today. I gave her a can of tuna, but it was the kind packed in oil and not water, and she turned her nose up at it.

So I threw it out, washed the bowl out, and crushed up my last slice of turkey, her favorite. I got the same reaction. This is how Seven acted before she died, she didn't want her favorite foods.

So Sam is stretched out across my lap where she stays most of the time. I hope she has just changed her tastes. I'll go to the store tomorrow, and get the right tuna, and see.

A dark day, and going to rain starting about 11. Bring it on. Everyone have a great day!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Might she have an infection of some sort, depressing her appetite?

Comment

It could be something like that...I hope. I'll see tomorrow when I get back from the store with the right tuna.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sam's off her feed? Or maybe it's just that it hasn't been the food she wants. I hope she'll start eating soon.

Some cats stop eating if they're about to have a hairball. Once the hairball is expelled, they're back to normal. Maybe that's all is is.

Comment

I guess following Seven's actions make me jump to the wrong conclusions. Tomorrow will give her tonight to feel like eating what I get tomorrow. She used to ask for cheese everyday, sometimes more than once. But stopped being interested in cheese about a month ago.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe you can spoon feed something into her. Hope she's drinking water.

Do you have a dropper for giving her water if she isn't drinking it?

Comment

I've been thinking about what you said about hairballs, and thinking back to this morning, I found a huge one. AND, she has eaten the turkey, or most of it by just awhile ago. So it may have been a big hairball, and nothing more.

I'm going to store as soon as I get up, and I'll see how she does with it. I think your hairball suggestion was spot on. Thanks Cat Woman!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X