Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Sorry, I've been very busy this morning. Will post more as I can.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

I am here :)

There arenít too many members, so itís noticeable if a few are sleeping or otherwise.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm here now and again but having a very busy and sad time right now.

My former husband died on Friday, suddenly (cardiac arrest, they say), in Chicago. Son and DIL went to Chicago for details. His companion over the last 25 years is very sad of course. She and I are friends by e-mail and phone but we've never actually met.

It's hard not to feel very sad even though we were divorced many years ago. I've known him for 60 years and we remained friends.

There won't be a service (his wish). He was a teacher, even had his Ph.D. thesis published as a book that got excellent reviews in good places. People didn't appreciate him nearly enough.

Anyway, I've been reading here and hope to be more communicative soon.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Agate. It's hard to loose someone that was once a big part of your life, even if it was long ago. I'm glad to hear that you remained friends through the years. Sending my condolences.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Posted on Howie's thread anyway. Trying to do Thanksgiving stuff.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I read all the threads. I have mostly been sleeping. Andy came and we went to lunch. After I went to the nursing home to see the director of nursing about my friend having the Hoveround.

About 220 feet from there my van overheated. I parked in a handicap space and went in. The DON will have PT evaluate my friend and let me know. Then I called AAA to tow the van to my mechanic. I had to get my scooter in it and borrow a wheelchair from there until they came. I could not get up into the wrecker, so I had to call Andy to come and rescue me.

Andy was at his lady friend's house but he came anyway. They are going to go to the beach tomorrow instead of today. I am so thankful for Andy but I wish I was less dependent on his help. Andy was off to take his cat to the vet. She is 13 and has liver problems, the vet will call him about her blood work and he gave Andy antibiotics for her.

I may not get the van until Saturday but possibly Friday. I was planning to go get my nails done while I was dressed and out but they will have to wait.

My memory is not great and I think it is because I have not been sleeping soundly. I hope that improves. I will try to post more often. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 11-09-2017 at 01:27 PM.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, so sorry to hear about your former husband.

Jeanne, I wish there was a better "fix" for your van.

I had my last PT for this round today. She wants me to see a specific physiatrist for the R adductor. The PT says the MD does creative things. She suggested that she might inject that muscle w botox or steroids and or use deep acupuncture.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Agate I too am sorry about your ex husband. My ex is a great friend and we get along better than we did when we were married. Jeanie :)

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He and I were good friends, and as we got older and people in our lives dwindled away, we were probably even better friends. I saw him every couple of years or so when he came out to visit our son. I last saw him 2 years ago but was in daily phone contact with him in recent weeks, weekly contact before that.

The case of flu may have been more than he could stand. That was in May, and it meant 12 days in the hospital, plus a month in rehab, then a move to assisted living, where he seemed to be doing pretty well in spite of the short-term memory loss, which wasn't getting better. It came on severely after the flu.

But it was cardiac arrest that he died of. I should add that he had had sleep apnea for years but stopped using the CPAP monitor years ago and refused to go back to it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((agate)))))) ~

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sixty years is a long time. It's wonderful that you remained friends and were also friends with his partner. Sending healing prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast