Thank you, Bbs.

I'm glad your IVIG went well.

Chocolate for all,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BBS, it's people like you who take the time and energy to speak up who make change happen. These laws that vary so much from state to state are absurd.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

One more day to go, and then it's PAYDAY! I don't know why I'm so excited, I actually have money left this month, but that's rare. I have food, and beer, and Sam even has her sliced turkey, and cheese.

I usually can't sleep the night before payday, but I couldn't get to sleep last night for some reason. So maybe I will sleep tonight instead. Who knows.

I have to write 2 checks today, to mail off on my way out tomorrow. Easy come, easy go!

Everyone have a great day!
    Roswell was a gift.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BBS, it's people like you who take the time and energy to speak up who make change happen. These laws that vary so much from state to state are absurd.
    The only reason evil persists is that good people stand around and do nothing. Almost all of us can do something, whether it is emailing a congress person, talking to someone about your ideas of how to fix a problem, posting it here so that other people can think about it.

I felt it was Incumbent upon me to do something in this situation. I am in a unique position of having familiarity with the lawmaking process due to past efforts during my healthy years, and the current situation with my successful treatment with medical marijuana. This, combined with my good standing in the community and my present ability to tolerate short meetings here or there made me want to at least try and be brave and see if my body could tolerate this.

Somebody here posted an article about identity. The gist of it was that the writer felt like he had lost his identity and taking on the sole identity of being sick person. That got me thinking that the same thing has happened to me. I decided to try to reclaim my old identity of being a kind person and a brave person. I begin to break this effort into very small components. I praised myself for getting up in the morning and getting dressed when it would be easier not to. I praised myself for going online and seeking out phone numbers for my representatives. I praised myself for calling and making an appointment when it would be easier to lie on the couch . You get the idea. Each step I told myself I did not have to finish the job if I was physically unable to. That being brave just meant I would have the Courage to try and not worry about failing.

And, I have been so amazed at the strength of the people who post here. People who are much more impaired than I am , have found a way to lead a life that other people would see as ethical and meaningful. The people here have become role models for me.
    Last edited by BBS1951; 11-30-2017 at 10:40 AM.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything we do with any of our muscles or our brain can be an effort that people who don't have neurological impairments usually don't understand. No one else is going to praise us for getting ourselves dressed or lifting that spoon to our mouths but we know we deserve a medal.

I'm always dropping things, and every time I succeed in picking something up on the first try or even on the third try, I feel I've accomplished something big.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Yes! I agree :)

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:)Jim came this afternoon and fixed my van scooter. It is wonderful to have it operational again. I went to Beall's and got Christmas cards and to Publix and home.

I will start on the cards today and try to have them in the mail by Saturday. I am not doing 80 this year, just the really important friends and relatives. Jeanie :)

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

You had a very good day Jeanie!

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526