No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agate and I should have a contest to see who can get into more mischief driving one of those carts. My arm and hand movements are as awkward as my legs. However, when I am sitting firm griping the steering wheel of a car it feels different. It kind of grounds me.
    Virginia

Comment

The handlebars on those carts rotate and don't give me any sense of stability. Pushing a shopping cart while walking is easier--for a while anyway. The big supermarket shopping carts are like a walker for me, particularly after a few items have been added.

Virginia, you and I could stage a cart chase in a supermarket some time and see who could knock down the most things before a bell rings to signal that our time is up. We could charge admission!

It would be a great idea for the store--think of all of the spectators who would come just to watch. While there, they'd spend money in the store.

It's a win-win situation!
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Knocked over one of those displays just this week as a big container of paper towels was in the basket and blocked my view as I cruised straight for it while scanning the other side of the aisle. These grocers must be picking up stuff every day.

Comment

Howie, did you get a Thanksgiving carepackage? What was in it?
          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Update on Kofi (cat): They've done some tests and a paracentesis. He was doing better after they got that fluid out of his abdomen - breathing better. Unfortunately, it has already reaccumulated.

Because of the holiday, they had no cytologist but they did the slides and sent images to a retired pathologist that saw no indication of cancer. I was pleased they are working so hard on this but, their only other diagnosis, FIVP, is just as deadly. It's a genectically defective rare virus.

Today is an abdominal sono and probably another paracentesis. We might get to bring him home for 2 days starting tonight.
            ANN

Comment

ANN, I hope it won't turn out to be FIPV. I hope poor Kofi will be feeling better soon too. Cats are so sad when they're suffering--they're so quiet about it that it's heartbreaking.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

You guys get up so early, it makes me look bad. I slept in because there was a movie marathon running so I watched TV until I couldn't stay awake any longer.

Ann, my nephew brought me a Thanksgiving meal that filled me up. There was also a plate of desserts, but I put that in the fridge I was so full. Maybe today. And sorry about your cat. I've been lucky with all my cats staying healthy until they just passed away naturally.

Well, I hope no one is doing that shopping for Christmas thing today. I couldn't do that, and never have. It's crazy!

Everyone have a great day!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
                  Well, I hope no one is doing that shopping for Christmas thing today. I couldn't do that, and never have. It's crazy!
                  Something else we actually agree on, Howie!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

I'm so sorry that Kofi is ailing! sounds like your vets are working hard to figure out what's going on.

I was busy this morning making mustard -- cranberry, and beer mustard. The cranberry turned out especially good. But now my eyes are burning, taking in all that mustard aroma! :) I'm going to clean up my mess, then take a nap, I think... After yesterdays marathon cooking, I was exhausted. Got into bed at 4:30 in the afternoon...fell asleep before TC was out of the room. Woke about 7:30, had a bit of supper, went back to bed, slept through the night.

Tomorrow is jam making time -- lemon, and lemon-lime... Yumm...
                    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

:) Andy came at 11 with coffee and a donut. I got up with him and he looked at my old Rally scooter stored on the back porch under a tarp and the mechanism is the same as my van one. Jim will try to come tomorrow and change the parts out. I hope that will work as the parts are not made anymore.

After Andy left I went back to bed and slept until 4 PM. I really had some deep sleep, so I am glad of that. I hope Kofi keeps improving. I'm praying for him. Jeanie :)
                      Last edited by Jeanie Z; 11-24-2017, 01:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Kofi is home. He is on steroids, abx, and pain meds. If he doesn't want any we won't force it. We are giving him any food he wants.

Glad Andy came by to help, Jeanne.

Cat your Thanks giving food sounded grand.
                        ANN

Comment

The next time I even THINK of driving at night, please talk me out of it. A 15 minute drive to the grocery store and back took over an hour. I got lost right in front of the driveway.

I finally found it and parked in my driveway. Went to the front door, and couldn't find my keys. I looked in the car, all the way to the door, nothing. I fell coming from the car, and must have dropped them then, about 2 feet from the door.

I will NEVER drive at night again!!!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

ANN, I hope Kofi can take his meds and will start feeling better.

Or if you have to lose him, I hope he can go peacefully and without suffering.

Cat Dancer, making mustard sounds tiring. No wonder you slept a while! But the mustard was worth the effort, I'm sure.

Howie, are you saying you never did find your keys?

It was a very quiet Thanksgiving here but that was all right. Son and DIL have been away on a vacation, which they very much deserved after the stress and strain they've been under in the past year or so what with his dad's health failing.

Today I started putting some photos in a new album I acquired when someone gave one away here in the building--a virtually new photo album, and I easily found a bunch of photos lying around here that needed to be in an album.

Now that people are sharing photos online so easily, photo albums are probably going out of style but I still have several of them, still look at them.

Comment

Ann, I hope your Kofi cat will feel better and get well. I am sure you are loving on him this week-end. Maybe that will help.

Cat, while I am sure your mustard is good, is does sound like a lot of trouble.

Howie, glad you got a good Thanksgiving meal. I had mine tonight that my brother brought from the beach.

Jeanie, the fact that the parts on your old scooter appear to be the same as the one you use, just maybe this will work out when Jim gets there. I am really hoping it will.

Agate, if you and I had a race through the store on one of those carts they have there would not be a thing left in the store for them to sell. Between the two of us I feel like we could demolish most every thing there, but we sure would be in for trouble in we went down the can goods isle. Maybe we should consider wearing helmets.

Vicky and Howie agree on something - wow big news!!
                              Last edited by Virginia; 11-24-2017, 05:04 PM.
                              Virginia

Comment

Virginia, wasn't there a game featured on TV many years ago where contestants zipped around a supermarket and filled their carts with as many items as they could? I forget the name of the program and never actually watched it but I did hear about it.

Our game could be like that, except that we'd be just knocking things down. We wouldn't need to fill our carts. As you say, we'd need to wear a helmet in the canned goods aisles--and the beverage aisles.

Look out for those 2-liter bottles coming at you from above!

Comment

Working...
                                X