OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
    Oh, Peg, it sounds like a good, laid back day. Wish We could do that here. Sorry about the 15 degrees. Isn't it a bit early for a temp that low there?

ANN

thanks,, forgot to mention,, the motor burned up in our furnace, so they came out and replaced it,, probally a hefty bill on this one,,:-(
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

Originally posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
      thanks,, forgot to mention,, the motor burned up in our furnace, so they came out and replaced it,, probally a hefty bill on this one,,:-(
      ,, and for Iowa its not that unusual for temps to be that low, but its going to be close to 60 this weekend,,, mother nature yo/yoing again
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

Happy thanksgiving to all. So many challenges. Jeanie, you could fill a book with the van and chair problems! Am hoping that things will settle down soon.
        And Ann, pets sure own our hearts, and so much the harder in a holiday.

The hugging: next time this woman comes in for the hug, I will try to step on her foot if she gets too close. That should do it. Such false intimacy slays me , literally. With a poor immune system due to CVID, hugs can be lethal.

Comment

Have a Great Day!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

Hello! Yeah, Let us forget about negativity and be thankful for what we have. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

Thank you for the greeting, SweetChoco, and

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Welcome to the board SweetChoco! I hope you will come often and get to know us.

Peg, I think your Thanksgiving sounds really nice.

Vicky thanks for the turkey!

Nuthatch, your DH sounds like a gem. You mean he is going to do all this on his own? Quite an undertaking if he had started two days ago, but just starting at last minute would overwhelm me.

Jeanie, I do hope all goes well with the scooter. With both sons there I think everything will be alright.

Ann, I hope your day ends with an early supper and Peter can take MIL home after a little visit.

Agate, have thought of you. This will probably be a sad one for you.

My brother called this morning to see if I had changed my mind about going with him and his family to his Daughter's for Thanksgiving. He thinks his Mother-in-law will not last long. He said yesterday she ate 1 or 2 French fries and l can of Insure. Nothing more. She was already thin and now he says she has just wasted away. Their Thanksgiving is always at her house. This is first year that it has not been. They have extended family about 60 miles away and they always come here on Thanksgiving and everyone who lives here goes to them on Christmas. I went to their Thanksgiving one time. I think it was about 4 years ago. Elaine has been a goer and a doer who took very good care of herself with weight, exercise, etc for all the nearly 40 years that I have known her.

I asked my brother if he thinks it has really hit his wife. She works full time and has been spending nights at the rehab where her Mother currently is. Her Dad stays in the daytime. Her brother's wife stays part of the nights and she stays the others and showers and dresses there and goes straight to work. My brother said he thought she had been so exhausted, but he said today it seemed to be really getting to her. Her Mother was a beautiful woman who we all thought would outlast us all.

I am staying by myself today and intend to heat some baked spaghetti for supper tonight. My brother and his wife went to a restaurant to eat and this is some that was leftover. His wife froze it and brought it to me, so I took it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator last night.

Everyone have a good day! I might watch another movie later on. Right now I need to vacuum - yes even on Thanksgiving. My maid did not come this week so I have had to do a little each day. This should finish up the cleaning for the week until next week.

Howie where are you?
                Virginia

Comment

Virginia, I know what you mean about getting vacuuming done even though there doesn't seem to be an urgent reason for it.

Yesterday I ran the vacuum around but there are no visitors due here for quite a while and no inspections either. I just couldn't stand thinking about all of the dust piling up around here.

Sure enough--there was a lot of dust in that vacuum after I ran it around. And I definitely breathe better and am less hoarse after vacuuming has been done. I've noticed it often enough so I don't think it's my imagination.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Where is that Howie? Oh, here he is.

I'm watching the horror fest on TV. And waiting on some food to arrive. My nephew is bring it by. Exciting day huh? Don't eat too much everyone!

Thanks for missing me Virginia.

(I fixed it Agate)
                    Last edited by Howie; 11-23-2017, 10:48 AM.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

It was Virginia who was mentioning that you hadn't checked in, Howie, but I was missing you too.

One worries about someone who lives with that cat Sam. She might eat up all the food. She might go on a rampage. You just never know.

Comment

Hello, to SweetChoco....always glad for a newcomer! And happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I am stuffing my face as we speak, eating chicken and cranberry conserve. Yumm.. Chicken turned out really well..found a recipe on line that was really simple -- salt and pepper in the chicken, then stuff with *celery*! Put in roasting pan, pour melted butter over the top, covering the whole chicken, stick in the oven at 350 degrees. A couple of hours later..depending on the size of the chicken...have dinner! Moist, flavorful... Downright easy. Had the chicken, baked sweet potatoes (no marshmallows; just some oregano and basil and rosemary,salt and pepper, coat potatoes with butter, stir in the spices, throw the bowl in the oven with the chicken). Green beans. And sage and onion dressing. Yumm. Now it's nap time. :)
                        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Wow Cat you are eating good today! And we all know Howie will. In fact he might be eating good for several days. Sometimes that happens when his Sister sends him food.

My middle brother who had gone to the beach. That is the one with the wife who brings me food. Anyway, they were due to come back Sunday, but are on their way back today. They have a plate for me from some restaurant there that they like a lot. He says it has ham, turkey, dressing, etc. So I am going to get that tomorrow night. They will bring it to me. I get to have a Thanksgiving dinner after all. Yea!

Cat, I know you will have leftovers for a couple of days and I am sure Cherie will. That is great!
                          Virginia

Comment

:) I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I only ran into a chair and the sofa, luckily nothing breakable. When I had to go to the bathroom Andy put it in push mode and pushed me to the bathroom. Then pushed me back to the table.

We had a good meal and it was nice to see every one. Jim will come next week and see if parts are interchangable with my old scooter. Jeanie :)
                            Attached Files

Comment

I had to laugh at your post, Jeanie, when you said you only ran into a chair and a sofa. Getting around is such a collision course.

My trips around stores in those carts are the same way. I only run into several displays and a bin of potatoes each time. Stuff scattered on the floor can always be picked up.

Comment

Sunday driver!
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X