No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along another line - Howie, is again up to his old habits of advertising his "Dental Practice" on the forum. Yep Howie it didn't slip by me.

I miss Suze-Q and also Jendie. I wonder if Suze-Q is again trying to do some part-time work. It seemed to me that she was posting more on the week-ends for awhile, but I don't recall her lately. I get concerned about Jendie and if she is doing alright.
    Virginia

Comment

Howie needs a sign he can hang out. Advertising messages aren't allowed here. He must have got it past the mods somehow. Maybe he offered them rides in Pinky.

jendie, hope we'll hear from you.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Oh, those mods are easy to..................................
        .................................................. ......................
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I just want to thank all of you, who contributed to BBS's Baclofen thread last year with your experiences. We started Jon on Baclofen tonight to see if we can conquer his intractable hiccups, which he's had for a week. Your insight helped me. Thank you.

Here's the thread, if you want to know our details:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Even if you don't read the entire (as usual long) thread, please do click on the YouTube link. An incredible song, so beautifully performed.

We start Baclofen with hope mixed with uncertainty and a bit of fear for Jonathan.

But we Rise Up, and we persevere. Like all of you do every day.

Bless You~

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Am thinking of you.

Can Botox help if Baclofen doesn’t?

Comment

Also, it’s the high doses of Baclofen that made me dizzy and nauseous. 40mg day isn’t too high. I take 70 and am ok. And Tizanidine with Baclofen.

Comment

I slept until 3:30 today, and just made a mug of coffee to keep my heart beating. A whole pot of coffee would be too much for this late in the day. I just stayed up all night the other day, and am making up for it by sleeping late.

I have enough beer for tonight, so I will make a store run tomorrow. I have everything I need to make more pasta except the ground turkey. That's all I eat these days, pasta and coleslaw, and Vanilla Wafers for dessert.

Everyone have a great evening!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Rose, I hope all is still well with Jon and all of you at your house. All of you deserve a wonderful Holiday season together and that is what I am praying for the three of you. So glad the baclofen helped Jon. That had to be a miserable time for him, and a miserable time for you and Jim watching.
                  Virginia

Comment

Rise and shine.....my shoes! I went to the store at seven. I woke up at 6:30, and since I was up so early, decided to go and stock up. I got my ground turkey so I can make my pasta. I still have some in a small container that will be todays meal.

I also bought some Compleat's meals to have for a few days, then I make the pasta. And I always have slaw.

Everyone have a great day!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yesterday was the day when my neighbor, the one who is 95, and I had a joint grocery delivery from Safeway. We got together on Sunday to put the order together online, and it actually got here at the right time and was almost perfect. Only a couple of small problems.

I took her frozen and refrigerated items to her in my shopping cart first, then came back and sorted out the rest of the order and figured up her share of the bill. I pay for the entire order online, and then she reimburses me with a check for her share.

It's really nice to be stocked up on food for a while. The delivery service we normally use has the week off at Thanksgiving. They get 2 weeks off in December as well.

The Safeway delivery person was super-friendly, some might say too friendly. He said something like, "If I was 10 years older, I'd ask you out." Not sure how to take that.

He also decided he liked me so much that he gave me a big hug as he left. I know people are hugging one another a lot but I can't get used to being hugged by people I don't know.
                      Last edited by agate; 11-22-2017, 09:34 AM.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, some people think that older people do not get many hugs so they hug them regardless. I am not saying you are older, but maybe in his eyes all of us might be.
                        Virginia

Comment

I watched my first movie on Netflix. I started it last night and finished it today.
                          Virginia

Comment

Is this streaming Netflix? Or the DVDs you get in the mail?

Agate, some people think that older people do not get many hugs so they hug them regardless. I am not saying you are older, but maybe in his eyes all of us might be.
                            I've been aware of this hugging practice for quite a while now but then I've been older for quite a while. I always try hard not to show that it's a tad unsettling.

Comment

Time for a group hug!!! Hey, where did everyone go?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                                Yesterday was the day when my neighbor, the one who is 95, and I had a joint grocery delivery from Safeway. We got together on Sunday to put the order together online, and it actually got here at the right time and was almost perfect. Only a couple of small problems.

I took her frozen and refrigerated items to her in my shopping cart first, then came back and sorted out the rest of the order and figured up her share of the bill. I pay for the entire order online, and then she reimburses me with a check for her share.

It's really nice to be stocked up on food for a while. The delivery service we normally use has the week off at Thanksgiving. They get 2 weeks off in December as well.

The Safeway delivery person was super-friendly, some might say too friendly. He said something like, "If I was 10 years older, I'd ask you out." Not sure how to take that.

He also decided he liked me so much that he gave me a big hug as he left. I know people are hugging one another a lot but I can't get used to being hugged by people I don't know.
                                That sounds very creepy. I might ask for a different delivery person next time. Very creepy.

Comment

Working...
                                X