No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had wondered why he stopped coming here.

Virginia, sometimes things forget where they are. Then they remember and can be found again. :)

Comment

Exactly, Bbs!

AMN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Virginia, I don't even know what a Roku is, but if it's like that shoe, it will turn up in a place that was right under your nose the whole time.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

TC has a favorite cup that he uses every day. Now, we have a collection of mugs, probably 2 dozen or more, that we've picked up over the years, so it's not like there is only ONE mug in the house. But he has his favorite... Nearly every day I'll find him wandering around the house, muttering to himself, "...where did I leave my mug??" Usually I know where it is.. :)
          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

Yes Cat, but do you tell him, or just watch him searching in vane for awhile?
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
              Yes Cat, but do you tell him, or just watch him searching in vane for awhile?
              I let him search a bit.. :)
              ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

The Roku showed up - exactly where it was supposed to be - and where I had looked at least a dozen times. It was easy to install, but then the set-up after has been more difficult. I finally can get on Netflix, but it is showing that I have a bunch of other things on my TV screen and I do not want to pay for anything else. I went into Roku.com and into my account and it is not showing anything else. I am hoping they are just there and that I will only pay if I use them. I wanted Netflix, Amazon, and U-Tube is suppose to be free, but I don't know how to find it. Amazon should be free, because I would only use the Amazon Prime which I already have. So I knew I was going to have to pay for Netflix, but I was hoping that would be all.

Cherie, about your question. I have no idea. All of it came as a shock to me. I thought Gary loved this board as much as some of the others of us do, when I realized he could just so easily cut us out I still hoped he would change his mind. However, then I came to the realization that it was his decision. As far as political things - no one has to read the thread where politics of any kind are discussed. Many of us who feel pretty much the same on this issue, have no one else to vent to and it has been a good outlet for us. I am just very thankful to our moderators who have allowed us to talk freely on that one thread.
                Virginia

Comment

There's a bit more to the situation with Gary--I didn't know if I should post it since the information came to me by PM. Maybe enough time has passed for it to be all right to give it in rough outline:

Gary had referred a friend of his to the board, and she joined (this was around the time of the election) and told him she wanted nothing to do with this board and its "liberal agenda." He forwarded her message to me along with his announcement that he was leaving, etc.

I looked over the politics thread at the time and yes, it was filled with posts by people who disliked the Trump administration. But I wondered if maybe she didn't realize that she'd have been free to express her own opinions here as well.I didn't think she'd given this board much of a chance and I told Gary that.

None of the posts were rude, and anything even remotely disrespectful to the US leadership got vetted.Nobody was ordering anyone around or in effect telling anyone else to shut up.

We are what we are here. Some like us, some don't.

It's possible that the new member just wasn't up to an MS forum just then. I've noticed that some people when just diagnosed (as she was, I think) are scared to go near the subject of MS. They just don't want to think about it, and they might sign up on an MS board but they soon back off, maybe to come back years later after they've realized that MS isn't going away and may not have been as bad as they feared, and they're still alive, at least.
                  Last edited by agate; 11-20-2017, 09:39 AM.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Thanks Agate for posting this. Still, I say Gary knew us and knew the thread to avoid and maybe could have told his friend to just stay away from that particular thread. I am truly sorry this happened, but I would not stay away just because someone I recommended this forum to did.

If they were newly diagnosed, there is a good chance they were not ready for an MS forum.
                    Virginia

Comment

I wonder what condition their teeth were in?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Well now, Howie, it's just possible that you standing at the ready with your pliers are the one who's scaring people away. You and Sam put together are fairly daunting as gatekeepers....

I just knew that somehow it was going to turn out to be Howie's doing.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

And Gary's dissatisfaction here and his refusal to tell me who had been "inappropriate" got me to step back for several months. He has stopped answering my phone calls or returning emails. I feel as if I have lost something valuable with his withdrawal of his friendship.

Comment

His contributions here are certainly missed, but life goes on. I have been to two boards that pertain to two hobbies. Those boards could be very mean, awful. The stuff on the political thread seems pretty mild, but, then again my beliefs are similar to those expressed here on our political thread.

And, this time around politics are getting personal, what with the threats to privatize Medicare, cut Medicaid, revamp entitlements” and so forth. It’s dam threatening!

Comment

There was also this somewhat earlier thread. When Cherie mentioned that Gary objected to something "inappropriate," he may have been referring to this discussion:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

I'm just posting this for general information. I hope we can move on without reviving any ancient debates.

Comment

SuzE-Q was going to experiment with chocolate and report back. That was back in October.

Can a person overdo chocolate? Hope you're all right, SuzE-Q.

Comment

Working...
                                X