Thread: Moderator, I need your help!

Distinguished Community Member

Default Moderator, I need your help!

I've got a new kindle fire, and need to log in from it.....but I've forgotten my password. In addition, I've got two signings, one on my laptop, one on my old kindle. Can I consolidate them so that I have just one, that I can use everywhere? And I promise this time I'll write it down!!

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Hello Uppitycats,

This is beyond a moderator's ability. I'll forward your query to Mike.

I'm sorry for your problems and I hope they can be resolved soon!

Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

((((((Cat)))))) ~

At the top, click on "Log In."

You will see this window:

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.57.10 PM.jpg

At the top, with the explanation, there is a link if you've forgotten your password. That allows you to reset your password. Give that a try.

Do your devices offer a "save this password" option? If so, click yes, when it appears, then you won't have to remember your password when you log in.

Also, you can click the box "Remember Me," and you can stay logged in all the time that way.

I hope this is helpful.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Hello Rose!

I never noticed that before! I thought it was only a second log-in attempt page and never saw the "if you have forgotten your password, click here" line

Thank you!

Uppitycats: I think if you have 3 devices, you might have a slight difference in the last octet of your ip address and I don't know if that will cause the server to not recognize the other devices if you try to use the same password on all 3. It is certainly worth a try, though! Please tell me if it works.

p.s. Now that I've thought about it, I've signed into BT on other computers, so as long as you have the same log in name and password, you should be able to sign into BT from any computer. Now I understand that you have 2 different names and passwords.
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 10-27-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Yeah, well I sent a note to Mike, haven't heard anything from him yet. I'm here right now on my laptop, so guess I'll just have to use it then.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wish I could help but don't know about Kindles. I do know that message board registrations are tied to e-mail addresses, and a different e-mail address--one not on record here--will get you a new user name provided you remember the password you've chosen for that user name.

My guess is that you could re-register with a different e-mail address under a name that is whatever you want--maybe a slight variant of your current user names? uppitycats or cat dancer, for instance, instead of Uppitycats or Cat Dancer?

If you have no other e-mail addresses, they're easy to get at no cost. If you do a Google search for "free e-mail addresses," you'll find a lot of them. gmx.com seems OK--it's the only alternate e-mail address I've used but I know there are plenty of them.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Yeah, a new email would work, I guess. I just hope Mike sees this and comes up with an easy solution... like getting the two of them combined into one..so I know who I am! :)
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"