Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: JPT... LarryLDN Check in

Thumbs up OT: JPT... LarryLDN Check in

Just passing thru... had to look up some old passwords & saw the link here & familiar names. Since my login still worked I thought I'd say hi....

Nice to see this forum still here. I'm still around, mostly twitter related sites... plus I bought an RV 12/13 & have been traveling around the country ALONE... Me, My MS, My LDN & My RV. Still taking LDN 3MG every day.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Larry! Welcome back. How have you been?

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-14-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Oopsie
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Hi Ann. Nice to see you again.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember you too and hope your new lifestyle is turning out to be the right thing.

Thanks for thinking of this place. We're still here, going on and on for many years now.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Larry, good to see you again. So, other than doing some traveling what else is new? Do you like traveling, or do you stay in one place enough that you do not get tired of it? Sounds like you are still driving all you want and I assume site seeing.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Smile

new lifestyle? huh! I never thought of it like that before! Yeah, I guess it is. It just turned out that way.

When I moved to Florida in 2010 I didn't really consider ever going north again. In 2011 a friend's son was getting married in Lake George NY & I got the idea to rent an RV rather than fly... never got to the wedding because of RV problems but I made a great alternative journey & went to the bluegrass festival in Gettysburg... then I realized I never considered not being able to go to them anymore...

So I rented another RV in 2012.. then again for a long trip in 2013... but it got expensive renting so I couldn't go for too long each time & I realized I was spending too many times in a repair shop for things the rental company didn't/couldn't do... longer story shot... I ended up buying one on my birthday in 2013...

Was on the road 7 months in 2014, 45 of the 48 lower states... & 7 months in 2015, 23 states including the 3 I missed in 2014.

When I got home I realized me & my MS do BETTER in the RV than home! Since I'd be all alone in FL during the off season, I visit people along my travels, go to NY to see my old doctors & I have chiropractors ALL OVER the east coast... 3 in FL, 3 in NY/NJ city area, GA, NC & upstate NY.

Time flies too...

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Larry, good to see you again. So, other than doing some traveling what else is new? Do you like traveling, or do you stay in one place enough that you do not get tired of it? Sounds like you are still driving all you want and I assume site seeing.
    In my 1st trip in 2011 I stopped at a friend's 'rescue farm' in NC (near Elkin?) on my way north... & longer & longer each RV trip passing thru NC on my way up & back. I stay there, & various places where friends or relatives have room & electric outside their homes... So I spend time in SC NC SI-NY & LI-NY varying amounts of time, then pretty much only over night in the rest of my travels.

I do geocaching, in 2014 I found them in 45 states & 2015 I got the other 3. But now that I've been going up & down the east, there's a lot of places I stop & see I already found ones where I am. I go to many Walmarts along my travels... this year when the temperatures are in the right range I often stay in their lot overnight.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Larry I am glad you checked in. I still have email addresses for you but do not know if they are good ones. I too am still on LDN. I think doing the RV adventures is exciting. I am pretty much not traveling at all anymore.

I am glad physically you are doing so well. Keep going.

Virginia I am sorry your friend died. Jeanie :)

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Hi Jeanie. I just emailed the only addy I had for you... might be from the addy you have for me. I don't go a lot of miles in any given day so I take the tortoise route, not the hare

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

How nice to see you again Larry!
    To What do you attribute your better functioning in the RV?

Ft Meyers got hit hard bi Irma. How'd you fare?
    Last edited by BBS1951; 10-15-2017 at 06:40 AM.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast