Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1131363738394041

Thread: What Is Next For Jonathan?

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose, I agree with anyone and everyone who would like to see you get more help--now. Sooner rather than later.

The news that John will be away for any number of times in the coming months must be hard.

I may have mentioned this before but I believe the Easter Seal Society can be an excellent resource, particularly for transportation needs when getting to/from hospitals or clinics is difficult.

Many years ago I was a volunteer for the Red Cross, calling people who were shut in and wanted to have someone to chat with, often daily. One of the people was a woman who was legally blind and had colorectal cancer. She needed to go to Seattle for treatments, and there seemed to be no way to get her there (it was about 40 miles away and in a different county). The Easter Seal Society came through for her, providing her with those rides, and she was very pleased with the way it worked out.

She was eligible for tribal benefits but they didn't include anything helpful in this instance. She lived with a teenage adopted daughter (her dead sister's child) who wasn't able to be any more helpful than she was being. Otherwise this woman had no one.

If you haven't already done this--but you undoubtedly have since I know you've left no stone unturned!--you might think about giving a call to the local Easter Seal Society....
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1131363738394041