Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: What Is Next For Jonathan?

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

ANN ~

Stick with me, kiddo. I guarantee I'll take you in dozens of different directions!

THE LEAKING SAGA

Catheter is still leaking. I had to reinsert it again at 2:30 this morning, and then again at 11:00 this morning. Both times, his underpad and pillowcase (to catch the extra leakage, which is always present) were soaked.

It's incredibly frustrating, particularly when we're trying to treat the wound on his testicles. Of course, the urine is causing the adhesive to fail!

Every time I deflate and reinflate the balloon, I worry that it's going to break. I also fear infection, although I am careful to clean my gloves and the catheter with alcohol prior to reinsertion. I may switch to Betadine, since this doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.

We haven't had this problem with the catheter sliding out for months. I don't know what the problem is now. His nurse and I put it in so far that I joke it's going to come out of his nose!

T-SHIRTS

I'm glad that John mentioned his employee, because instead of giving to a charity, I can give these clothes to him and his family. One caveat: the clothes have been sitting in Jon's closet for many years and are dusty. They should be washed before wearing them. And, I am not going to wash all of these clothes!

I just look at the stacks and bins full of laundry and say, "Where do I begin?!" Today, it was Jon's urine soaked stuff and then Jim's "doctor/infusion" clothes ~ buttoned shirts (port access) and cargo pants (pockets for putting things).

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE

My morning walk was brisk and cautious after last night. I searched the internet today for any kind of information about the fly over last night, but I found nothing. Nothing on the police department site. This is a bit unsettling. A copter flies over our neighborhood for a couple of hours, then announces that we should stay inside, and nothing about it anywhere?

And about that announcing ~ we had our windows open, which is how I heard it. Most homes have double/triple pane glass, so it's likely many residents didn't hear the announcement. Plus, they're probably watching TV.

Not to mention that I couldn't understand what was being said beyond "stay in your home" and "call the police department."

Let me just go on record: we have a terrible police department. I mean really, really, really awful.

No, they did not find nor prosecute any of the gang kids, who attacked Jim and Jon in our van in front of our house. I was in the house feeding Michael. We didn't have cell phones then, so I couldn't warn Jim that these kids were gathering at the house across the street.

I called the cops, along with most of the other neighbors. The dispatcher asked me if the kids had guns. "Do you want me to go out there and get shot to find out? Of course they do! This is a GANG!"

The cops took their sweet time getting here, and the kids were long gone. The cops told us that they had bigger problems on the "other side of the tracks."

A few days later, an officer appeared with the high school yearbook, and he asked Jim to go through dozens of pages to see if he could identify any of the gang kids.

Here's the thing about these kids: they all cut their hair the same style, wear the same clothes, black and white, drive the same color/model Honda, speak the same. They do this so they won't stand out, and it works.

We watched these kids deal drugs, the girls prostituting, the fights and heard the filthy, vile language they spewed. Their "father" moved to Fresno, and their mother was absent. They were on their own, unsupervised, as renters.

They broke the side window of our custom van, which took 6 weeks to get replaced and cost us $1500, as our insurance claim was denied.

In 2000, there was a gang shooting in the housing development above us, which is pretty high end and surrounds the golf course. One kid died, and two others were wounded. They drove off and took the wounded kids to the hospital, dropped them off, and fled.

We heard the shots (it was 5 a.m.), but we didn't know where they came from. No one in our neighborhood called the police. There were no sirens, nothing.

The kids were all tracked down eventually, and put in prison, as some of them were over 18. The boy, who was killed, was the son of my former GYN.

I have and will always have PTSD from these experiences, which is why I freak out, when I see a copter hovering over our neighborhood. People are stunned, when they hear these stories, because we live in a "nice" neighborhood. I will just say again that this is a cultural thing. Part of it is because the parents of these kids are frequently absent, working to afford the lifestyle they want and traveling to their home country often, as well as being tied to the golf course and social events.

I see less of that now. Younger parents now have their parents living with them to provide child care and supervision. They also spend more time with their children on weekends and evenings. I do hope that this is the change they needed and will remain this way for future generations.

Told ya I'd take you in dozens of directions!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789