Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: Oct. 2017

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I do have one like yours, but it just was not always accurate, so I haven't used it in several months. It may be the different ways I carry it and the different places. Someday I'll try it again.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

I successfully lifted weights today. Had been feeling good.

Then I blundered. Instead of putting on Keds sneakers, inoutnon thisr clunky Reebok type running shoes, heavy on foot. Strapped on 8lb ankle weights on one leg. With just one lift, I thought uh-oh. Couid feel the muscle protest. Stoped right there. The rest of the day I have been feeling wonky in both shins and ankles, like they could spasm.

Dang. Hoping better in morning.

Weather has been too stormy to swim this week,

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heavy shoes are very bad news for me. If you look at shoes online or in catalogs, the weight is usually not given. If you ask a shoe salesperson, you usually get a blank look. You almost have to try them on to find out.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I swam 17 minutes, quarter mile today, after a 30 minute drive. So far so good.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

You are our star, Bbs.

Carry on,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

What's your plan for swimming this Winter? No swimming, or maybe a wetsuit? If you have to stop because of the cool/cold, what will you do to replace it?
    Roswell was a gift.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

There is a local pool with 27 (!) 25 yard lanes. They heat it, to 79-81F. I have swimmer wetsuit, aqua sphere acquaskin. I also have 2mm pants and 1.5 mm jacket. I don't know how hard it will be to take the wetsuit off over my feet.

Also, it's a 2 min walk from car to poolside, then pool to shower and back to car,. (I am shopping for a w/c . But, not sure I want to leave expensive wc unattended at the pool, and think it unwise to sit in wc in soaking wet suit?)I will try public pool without wc as soon as my own pool too cold, any day now.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Went out today for first time since last Sunday. Went to drug store. Remembered I forgot to take something I wanted to mail at P.O., also forgot check that I needed to go by the bank with. So came back home and came in and got everything I needed. Went to P.O., stood in line for 15 to 20 minutes, then whizzed by bank drive-thru. Then on to grocery store to buy groceries, came home and unloaded the car and put groceries away. Then I went back out to Panera to get food. I really wanted something else, but I was tired and it was closest and fastest place around. That was about my day.
    Virginia

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a local pool with 27 (!) 25 yard lanes. They heat it, to 79-81F. I have swimmer wetsuit, aqua sphere acquaskin. I also have 2mm pants and 1.5 mm jacket. I don't know how hard it will be to take the wetsuit off over my feet.

Also, it's a 2 min walk from car to poolside, then pool to shower and back to car,. (I am shopping for a w/c . But, not sure I want to leave expensive wc unattended at the pool, and think it unwise to sit in wc in soaking wet suit?)I will try public pool without wc as soon as my own pool too cold, any day now.
    I don't think it would hurt the wheelchair at all but you might get cold. There's something about sitting around in a basically metal chair while you're still wet that makes a person feel particularly cold, I think.

When I used to swim once a week, there was no hair dryer, and I had to sit around in my chair with a wet head waiting for transportation, sometimes for an hour or longer. It felt cold. I got a wig and put it on my head mainly so it would make me look more presentable but it also warmed up my head.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Hm. Hadn't realized it. Shopping for wc today. Looking at Quickie2 to see how light it is etc. and roho cushion rec here at BT

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast