Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jeanie ~ I join you in prayer. I haven't stopped all day.

I agree ~ you are an angel, and Peggy is so blessed to have you as a friend. As we all are. I do hope that Peggy will be allowed to use the chair. How cool that you also got 2 ramps. It is comforting in these times to know that there are good, caring people like you in the world. Bless you.

Also, I have a correction about Tom Petty. He is 66, since his birthday is on October 20, when he'll turn 67.

Peace, Love, Comfort to All ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ann, you were exactly right, Howie has been sleeping ALL day, and I just woke up. I said I was going to so I could be up in time to hit the store as soon as they open. And how did I do it? Drank 2 mugs of coffee. Out like a light.

So what's the deal with Tom Petty? Alive or not? We did a Petty song when I was in a band. I liked him and his music. I hope he's still here.

What else did I miss today? Sam became President? The Soviet Union stopped being a-holes, and invited the world to a vodka party? Australia actually did something uncool?

Time for more coffee, IF I have any left.
    Roswell was a gift.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tom Petty:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/b...ac-arrest.html

If CBS News got it wrong, it's not too surprising that some of us here got it wrong too.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

He also has a DNR, as do I. I hope they respect his wishes.
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Seems like the world is falling apart. A new sadness every week. Vegas ordeal gave me chills, my brother and his family live there. He just got out of the news business and took a job at UNLV. TG they were home asleep when that happened.
    Sad to hear about Tom Petty. Hope he can recover. All the news stations are clamoring to be the first to report news, they sometimes don't verify their information. That's just wrong and inexcusable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvlT...WBCD7klOJGg6Y9

As I've stated before, an electric wheelchair is very powerful and heavy. They don't bounce off walls, can move furniture, you can injure yourself easily or worse yet others. In a nursing home, a slight bump could knock down another elderly resident with disastrous results causing serious injury that could lead to the unthinkable. Liability!
    I can see why a nursing home wouldn't allow them. I can't tell you how many times I've caught the joystick control on my sleeve when reaching for something and almost sent myself through the wall. Slowed reflexes and electric wheelchairs don't mix either!

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Tom Petty has passed. His manager released this statement:

“On behalf of the Tom Petty family,” said Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, “we are devastated to announce the untimely death of our father, husband, brother, leader and friend Tom Petty. He suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu in the early hours of this morning and was taken to UCLA Medical Center but could not be revived. He died peacefully at 8:40 p.m. PT surrounded by family, his bandmates and friends.”

May God rest Tom's beautiful soul and grant peace and comfort to his wife, daughters, granddaughter, bandmates, friends and fans.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

12. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry the world has lost another important musician.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

And folks like me just keep on going, like the energizer Sponge. It sounds to me that Tom was the kind of man who could pass easily from this world to the next if you understand what I'm saying.

Up again all night. I've been doing that a lot lately. Tonight, it's because it's payday, and I'm waiting on 7am to roll around so I can hit the store.

And Agate, because of the site you posted for seeing your mail ahead of time, there is one from the landlord. I have a bad feeling about. I'll see when I pick up my mail on the way from the store.

I already paid the electric bill online. Everything else is on auto-pay. I do pay the lot rent, but AFTER I see what he sent.

Well, a few hours to go. Later!!!
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Tom Petty has died.

I think we need to come up with a different name than "nursing home". I've not yet found an institution that really provides top-notch nursing, and they certainly aren't home-like. If they were, one could have a scooter or power chair if they wanted one, regardless of whether they could use it without bumping in to things. If it were home-like, one could wander out to the kitchen and get a snack whenever they wanted, rather than having to wait for meals. They could get whatever they wanted to eat, not have to settle for 1-2 choices..and sometimes none, on their menu. They could get coffee/tea whenever they wanted. They could go to bed, get up when they wanted, not at the convenience of the staff. Same with bathing. They could wander around in the middle of the night if they wanted to.

If there were quality nursing, there wouldn't be people with bed sores on a regular basis. There wouldn't be people on ventilators and respirators dying because they were not adusted properly. There would be people available to help people eat, not letting them sit around waiting for someone to help.

I could go on. But you get the idea. Anyway....I'm thinking a good name might be "warehouse for the forgotten and neglected".....
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

There is a better nursing home: The Green House Project.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_House_Project

http://www.thegreenhouseproject.org/

The odds of getting in one are probably not good.

On the topic of electric wheel chairs, they certainly do move things. I moved a voting booth w my scooter and quickly had the "help" of two Boston Police officers!

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-03-2017 at 06:33 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast