Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Tomorrow is infusion, and part of my very long driveway is under water from this tropical wave going through since yesterday and until Wednesday. My car is a hybrid and low to ground... Am plotting a way to get there. Two options to explore today. MMJ supposed to arrive Wednesday, and the drive may still be underwater...

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I hope the water level lowers, Bbs, you need to get out and the mmj needs to get in.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why wouldn't the nursing homes allow chairs? They worry about a crash?
    It seems to be a liability issue. Also, the nursing home might maintain that if a resident needs to go anywhere, they have attendants who can push a manual wheelchair. But it's clear that nursing homes vary in their policies:

https://www.agingcare.com/Questions/...ome-186470.htm
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I called and the NH said Peggy has not been cleared to have an electric wheelchair yet. They of course would not share any medical reason with me so I called her daughter.

Kathy said she needs clearance from the eye doctor to use one. She checked last week when Peggy told her I might be getting her a scooter. She is going to call and see when the eye appointment is scheduled and will get back to me.

I am going this afternoon and get the chair. Andy will come by and get it in the house after work. Jeanie :)

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sometimes it seems to be a question about whether the person can navigate in the power chair. I've had my toes run over by someone in a power chair, and it hurt so much that I'm guessing that there could be serious injuries in some situations.

I don't think I could safely operate a power chair. My eyesight isn't great, and I don't seem to judge distances well. Every time I ride around in a scooter in a store I'm aware of how easily I bump into things.

Jeanie, it would be a shame if you bought the chair and then she couldn't use it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

You're an angel Jeanie

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Tom Petty died today. Cardiac arrest. I liked him.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie must be sleeping or he'd have some lyrics for us.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Reports of Tom Petty's death were inaccurate. He has a DNR, and life support (ventilator) was removed, and he is reported to be "clinging to life."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Tom and The Heartbreakers had just finished a long tour celebrating their 40 years in music. Their last performance was at the Hollywood Bowl a week ago today. In an interview, Tom said that it would be the band's last tour, because all the band members are in their late 60s, and Tom wanted to be home to enjoy his granddaughter.

“We’re all on the backside of our sixties,” he said. “I have a granddaughter now I’d like to see as much as I can. I don’t want to spend my life on the road. This tour will take me away for four months. With a little kid, that’s a lot of time.”

We are big Tom Petty fans in our family. I was fortunate to see him in concert twice in the 70s-80s, and they were fantastic. If you have Netflix, you can find an excellent documentary on Tom. It's four hours long ~ took me days of watching it 20 mins at a sitting, but very worth every second. He fought a powerful record company, when that was unheard of, and he prevailed.

I had been weeping all day over the massacre in Las Vegas, and then I saw the headline that Tom had died, and I began sobbing. When Jim came into the room, he was worried about me, and I told him the news, and he began crying with me as we hugged.

Such a sad, tragic day.

Love & Light,

Rose

PS ~ agate ~ it wasn't a hoax. I listened to the audio recording of his wife Dana's 911 call. And his daughter has posted a scathing response to Rolling Stone for stating that he died, saying that he hasn't died "yet." And yes, he is 67.

PPS ~ Paul McCartney tweets his love and prayers for Tom and his family.

https://twitter.com/PaulMcCartney/st...86631249133568
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 10-02-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Let's pray for Tom Petty and his family. Also all the victims and families in Las Vegas and Puerto Rico.

I got the wheelchair and it is in good shape. Andy brought it into the house for me. I will wait to hear from Peggy's daughter for when I can take it to her. I also went to the grocery store. I am going to bed early as I am beat. The lady was very nice and also gave me 2 ramps. Jeanie :)

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast