Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Started Medical Marijuana Today-- blog

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Research on impact of THC in Cannibis for nerve pain. Toonigh of a dose worsens pain. Need a lower dose,

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...878&faf=1#vp_1

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...=1735900&faf=1

Illinois law encouraging use of MMJ instead of opioids for pain.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 09-11-2018 at 08:07 AM.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Saw the MMJdoc for the 210 day required check in by law in florida, 2 weeks ago.

She rec trying higher THC to CBD ratio...I was using 1:1 sublingual tincture oil,

She recommended trying to 4 to 1 ratio, and, if no bad reaction, she prefers the 9 to 1 ratio. The 4 to 1 ratio marijuana can create some activating symptoms, such as anxiety. The 9 to 1 ratio with an increase of other features as well, can make the person relaxed and drowsy even.

The 4 to 1 ratio did work somewhat better than the one to one, but it did create a feeling of tension.

So, last night at my 4 PM dose I tried the 9 to 1 ratio. It did make me very relaxed. I would not be able to drive on it. But not so relaxed that I fell asleep. So that was good. I am not sure whether it created additional benefit for spasticity. I will try again tonight to give it another chance.

I am grateful to the voters of Florida for making medical marijuana available. Desperate for for pain control, I tried it a year ago. In 45 minutes of my first dose, I have gotten substantial pain relief. I am now hoping to get relief from spasticity.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarabri...na-flower/amp/

This will allow smoking MMJ flower by patients.

Your state might be next....

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarabri...na-flower/amp/

This will allow smoking MMJ flower by patients.

Your state might be next....
    Where I live in western ma there are 2 location selling recreational marijuana....long, long lines of customers but there are more stores opening every minute. In fact, there are going to be pot shops sort of like coffee shops or bars...people can smoke weed together!
    The stores that have opened sell all kinds of fancy varieties of pot as well as pot cookie, brownies..etc.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

The above link states that in states that have medical marijuana, the use of opiods fell. I wonder if Pharma is lobbying against MMJ?

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

https://www.businessinsider.com/mari...olorado-2019-3

Apparently there has been a spike in ER visits in Colorado from ingestion of MMJ and marijuana, especially edibles, resulting in severe nausea and vomiting.

I will follow this news carefully.

The theory is that it takes awhile for edibles to impact the user so they keep eating it, thus taking in too much THC. Whereas smoking it creates quick effect and user stops as the effect takes effect quickly. (Grammar police?)

Having been struggling with nausea, perhaps it is the MMJ, and not the Baclofen and Lactulose that are the culprit. ...will try to skip the MMJ (ouch) and see what happens.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Sunshine)))))) ~

When Jim was diagnosed with cancer, a friend, who was in remission, gave him THC capsules to help with nausea during chemotherapy. It worked effectively, and Jim didn't require any pharmaceuticals for that purpose.

With the correct dose, you shouldn't be experiencing nausea from THC. You are probably not taking anywhere near the amount that the folks, who end up in ER, are taking.

I don't know about Colorado, or any other state with legal MMJ/recreational MJ, but in California, every MJ product is labeled with warnings, as well as directions for usage. Medibles, capsules, etc. contain a label stating that the effect may take 45 minutes to 2 hours to manifest and a warning not to over-consume.

The people, who are showing up in ERs with symptoms of overdosing on MJ, are probably the same people, who don't read labels on pharmaceuticals.

MJ is big business now. As such, it should come under the auspices of some oversight, most likely by the states where it is legal, to ensure that consumers are aware of side effects or potential adverse reactions.

While consuming too much MJ is unsettling and probably causes vomiting, it doesn't result in death. How many patients present in ER with a narcotic/opioid overdose and survive?

Maybe Colorado (and other states) need to regulate the MJ industry to ensure that MJ products meet certain standards and carry warning labels. That will likely increase the cost of MJ, but it would be a step toward providing safety to the public.

But for folks, who don't read the labels or educate themselves on their medications, including MJ, there's not much that can be done.

All I know is that Jim was given 3-6 months to live in 2017, and he's still here. His tumor shrunk by 2 mm without any immunotherapy, chemo or other treatment. His physicians are amazed.

What sets him apart from other cancer patients is that he's been taking CBD and THC oil for 2 years.

Unless you are consuming too much MMJ, it's more probable that your nausea is caused by a pharmaceutical. That has certainly been the case for Jim.

MMJ has been helping you, so please don't let this one article about people, who are likely oblivious to the medical usage of MJ and overdo it to get high, influence your decision.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thanks Rose!

I tried to skip the MMJ yesterday but the pain was too substantial. My doc got back to me and said it isnít likely to be the MMJ....

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast