Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Started Medical Marijuana Today-- blog

Distinguished Community Member

I agred except for the, "May they be struck by MS." I don't do curses. Yet.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

I have two appointments scheduled after Thanksgiving with my representatives at county and state level.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Go get em BBS!!!

I wish it was available in our State.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((BBS)))))) ~

Good for you! They need to meet true MMJ patients face to face to understand the magnitude of the medical issues being treated with MMJ and be educated on the efficacy of MMJ.

Perhaps you could take a written document for them. Include your diagnos(es) and your symptoms. List all of the medications you have tried unsuccessfully to treat your symptoms. Include the adverse side effects of those drugs. Describe the differences in your symptoms with MMJ, the demonstrable improvement. Leave that with them to ponder, while they remember YOU!

Tell them that you're a pioneer for others with MS, and that you are blogging about your experience to educate fellow MSers. If it helps you, then it will help others.

MMJ is a medication, like all of the pharmaceuticals you have taken and are taking. The difference is that MMJ is a plant, a naturally occurring renewable plant, not a chemical concocted in a lab. MMJ doesn't have horrid side effects like ALL pharmaceuticals have.

Advil causes internal bleeding, ulcers, and anemia. Tylenol is hard on the kidneys and liver. MMJ has none of these effects.

In this century, it is long overdue for an abandonment of Reefer Madness mentality and recognizing that MMJ offers safe, effective, natural and easily accessible treatment for a multitude of maladies.

It is working for you, and it is working for millions of other patients, where it is legal.

"It's a plant."

I'd repeat that a few times to drill it into their minds.

I will be looking forward to your report after you've met with your legislators.

Thank you for fighting for others, BBS. Go get them!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Good ideas Rose. These meetings will cause pain and spasticity, courtesy of Stiff Person Syndrome. But I will ignore it and soldier on. The most important goal is for them to see a face of MMJ, a face who has contributed mightily to the community, is elderly and articulate.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Yesterday I had a good semi annual visit with the MMJ doc and got some good advice re dosing. Doc confirmed my suspicion that many of the MMJ companies have only high THC products, compared with my company that is more balanced, cuz they’re positioning themselves for future rec MJ laws.

Today I met with my 4th govt official. A courteous, respectful and thoughtful man. He said something that helped me realize the nature of resistance to the dispensaries. He sees the voters as eventually legalizing rec MJ. That’s why they want restrictions on where the dispensaries can be placed at this time.

The State passed a law taking it out of local govt hands of zoning the dispensaries. State wants it anywhere pharmacies are allowed. Local pols don’t want it near churches, schools, playgrounds.

Of course, it is Pollyannaish to think that MJ won’t be abused by kids if it’s not near schools and playgrounds .

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Tonight the local P and Z for my area approved dispensaries. It now goes to city council. I will try to meet with them individually. It’s just so damn hard with the disease.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567