Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Default Hurricane Irma

No bueno.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/anal...s/?region=watl

If you look at the number grid to the right, it represents number of hours from now, so you see that by the weekend, it's too close for comfort to Florida east coast.

Jeanie, I hope you have a good plan in place. Any stress , good or bad, creates havoc with Stiff Person Syndrome. I wish I "just" had MS like before.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((BBS & Jeanie & All Who Might Be in Irma's Path)))))) ~

Pray for the best, prepare for the worst.

You're all experienced with hurricanes, so I hope that if you have to evacuate, you can do so before the onslaught of traffic. If you are sheltering in place, I hope that you will have plenty of food and water, all of your meds filled, and emergency supplies (flashlight, radio, batteries, etc.).

Tons of information here:

https://weather.com/

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

3. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Stay safe, friends in hurricane land! I'll keep you all in my positive thoughts.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:)For years we went through hurricanes with no window shutters and were okay. Now I have plywood shutters David made with bolts that go into pre drilled holes to keep them in place.

I also have a generator that can be used to run the whole house except for AC. It would require Andy to come set it up and gas it every 12 hours. The shutters would also require him to put them up.

I hope it is far enough away none of that has to happen. I hope the electric stays on. It is hot with the windows boarded up and the outside temps in the 90's. I'm praying. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Jeanie)))))) ~

Is staying with Andy at his home an option for you?

I can only imagine how stuffy, hot, humid, and oppressive it must be in a boarded up home during a hurricane. I'm praying Irma settles down and is just a storm when it makes landfall.

Stay safe and please keep us updated.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

7. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope you can stay out of the heat and storms.

For years I had a battery-operated box fan that I treasured because in a power failure I could still have that fan blowing. Do you have anything like that?

This doesn't sound like your soft summer breeze. I hope it decides to move along elsewhere.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

9. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Concerned about both of you BBS and Jeanie. I know BBS and DH evacuated one time. Please have a plan in mind if you need to again. Jeanie, you also need a plan. Andy is close by, but if you are in a boarded up house without A/C and there is a hurricane outside he can not be of much help to you. Have a plan!!!!
    Virginia

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I made reservations in Tampa, which require 48 hrs notice for cancellation. Next step is convincing DH to evac early ahead of the herd.

Even just phoning for reservations created painful leg stiffening.

13. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Oh dam--- current track shows major hurricane coming up south florida through middle of state, impacting entire state. Jeanie, I suggest you stay with Andy if this continues.

15. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Having lived through what was only a hurricane "brush by" -- it went up the coast at sea, with only the outer bands coming ashore --- if I still lived in hurricane country I'd be making hotel rest well inland, and heading out of town at the first hint of it heading my way.....

17. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast