Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It has a few days in which to calm down but the experts are saying it's not expected to change much.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

If it stays this strong, it will be the strongest storm ever to hit the US. And it's 400 miles wide!. Could swallow up the whole state!!

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

It's really too far out to say where, or even if it will make landfall. After all, it is a hurricane, and we understand nothing about them other than the farther away from you, the better. It can change direction in an instant.
    Roswell was a gift.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

I'm sending positive thoughts to those who may be in the path of this monster storm. Stay safe.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's really too far out to say where, or even if it will make landfall. After all, it is a hurricane, and we understand nothing about them other than the farther away from you, the better. It can change direction in an instant.
    Actually that's not true. It definitely will...and has...made landfall, and although it may waver some, the path is pretty clearly aimed at Florida. A storm this big won't simply disappear...

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

This is so fracking hard. This is why I retired. Poor mobility and poor ability to organize thoughts and plans. DH put me in charge of my meds, all 23 of them, and he does the rest. I have th documentation for TSA, but still may have trouble getting Rx liquids through. And finding wheelchair in airport. And a toilet that's higher up....

Anyone have experience in finding public wheelchair in airport?

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by BBS1951 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is so fracking hard. This is why I retired. Poor mobility and poor ability to organize thoughts and plans. DH put me in charge of my meds, all 23 of them, and he does the rest. I have th documentation for TSA, but still may have trouble getting Rx liquids through. And finding wheelchair in airport. And a toilet that's higher up....

Anyone have experience in finding public wheelchair in airport?
    That's not difficult. When you check in, ask immediately for transport. They will bring a wheelchair and someone to push it. They will stay with you through the security checkins, (and in fact generally get you to the front of the line), and all the way to the gate. If you need to keep the chair until you get on to the plane, they'll leave it there. Otherwise you can move to a seat at the gate, and they'll take the chair away.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

14. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Generally the handicap accessible airport bathrooms are clearly marked. The handicap stalls have the higher toilets, and/or plenty of grab bars. Several airports now have "family bathrooms" too -- single stall larger spaces, with raised toilets, grab bars....and diaper changing tables-- which work well if you have to lay out toilet supplies, like depends, or colostomy supplies, or whatever.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Jim came and ran the generator and left it where all Andy ha to do is add more gas and pull the cord. Andy is coming today and Friday he is going to the grocery to get anything I need.

Saturday or Sunday some of the shutters will be put on. It looks like the islands will get big hits. I hope they all survive there. The keys will also get a big hit and have been ordered to evacuate. Tolls have been stopped so everyone can use the turnpike.

I had calls from my brother and sister. It was nice to catch up. Jeanie :)

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

I was able to reschedule IVIG for a week from Monday. That's a relief.

Thanks Cat. Will def pursue it. Hoping road to airport isn't too jammed. Leaving 3 extra hours. Latest trajectory bad for Jeanie and me. Hoping for a bobble.

23' waves at my beach predicted. Unrideable, too much wind.

If trajectory holds, this Irma will reshape florida.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast