Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPS's "Informed Delivery"--sneak a peek at your incoming mail before you get it

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

My biggest issue is that lately there are new postal carriers who don't know how to properly sort the mail. I live in a 4-plex, that is next to a pair of duplexes. My building number is 1008 and I have been getting mail for 1018 and 1020, plus I got a notification that a package had been delivered to MY apt, B, but in reality if was delivered to apt, C. I called the post office and complained.

I don't think informed delivery would work in this type of situation, though I did just sign up for it.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jendie, our street really delivers mail to each other every summer when the part-timers are on. I don't mind delivering but you do wonder what you never got.

This new peek at your envelops would solve that.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I received my first e-mail from the Informed Delivery service. There's even a place to check if you didn't receive any of the items pictured.

Today's mail looks very uninteresting but maybe the actual mailbox will hold items not included in the e-mail.

Like one of those envelopes shouting "You may already have won!"
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

OK. The mailbox contained exactly the two pieces of mail pictured in the e-mail, plus a mail-order catalog, but Informed Delivery doesn't include those.

This is going to be very handy in the next few days when I'm waiting for a couple of important letters to come along and would be relieved to know that they're about to reach me because I need them by the 10th.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I got my first informed delivery today. You just see a poor photo of the outside of each envelope. But there was also a small package from Amazon. UPS may have passed it over to USPS to finish delivering it. There was no photo of it on the informed delivery site.
    Roswell was a gift.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

You won't get photos of packages or catalogs, as I understand it. I've been getting only photos of envelopes and occasional advertising flyers.

This service has already been helpful to me. I needed a letter in connection with some paperwork I need to turn in by a deadline. Today was the day I needed it by, and a glance at today's mail told me long before the mail was actually delivered that it would be there.

The photos aren't great but at least you can identify what the piece of mail is.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12