Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How much is enough?

Distinguished Community Member

Thank You Funnylegs4 - I value this forum - I am here when I can - again thank you.
    Blessings
    Skypilot Steve

I too am a vet being weaned off my meds. Opiod therapy worked for me and I am pissed about this. I hope things get better for you.

3. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by DisabledQuillest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too am a vet being weaned off my meds. Opiod therapy worked for me and I am pissed about this. I hope things get better for you.
    I too have been told that due to the "Opioid Epidemic" that it is VA policy to not have a patient on Pain Meds and Benzodiazepines (Xanax) I could have one or the other. Period. I am tapering of the Xanax, Very slowly, which sucks since I have Major PTSD, I wake up bolt upright , Screaming. This is in addition to a major anxiety Disorder, which includes panic attack's, This after being on this regimen for twenty years plus. This is B.S. but what do you do- I do meditations (Guided) and that helps, but NO ONE at the CBOC has the B---- to say we will look the other way if you smoke Pot, something I do NOT do but thinking back to my teen years and the fact that many studies show that it helps PTSD and Insomnia, both documented in my records, if i could, I would give it a try . The last I heard, the VA policy is if it is LEGAL in your state, And is legal for Medical here in Arizona, that if your Doc. or in my case RNP, you can. No Dice. My RNP says it is still illegal on the Federal level even though the Sec. of the VA says otherwise. I was given a choice My pain Meds or MMJ. I chose my pain meds and just don't do it. Sorry this is long but that is my situation. Thank you and bless you for your interest. Veterans have to stick together.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

5. The following user says "thanks"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234