Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much is enough?

Distinguished Community Member

Question How much is enough?

When is enough enough - I am still shredded from the loss of my Prescious Cynthia
    The last couple days I think the world is laughing at Me.
    Friday I slip and fall opening a wound that says "no pool party for you"
    But then, today the VA - am astounded, believing the stuff that is coming down
    1. I have been a pain patient for twenty+ years now. they plan to cut my dose, maybe to ) - that and my Xanax that has helped get me thru
    2. Get told One more High sugar level and I have Type 2diabetes.
    3. Then get told the reason I am falling down cold Sober - Is the peripheral Neurapatthy I fall If I am not very Careful. I will be fitted to a walker.
    No transport back from the va to Home - No car
    No car from transport A friend came and got me
    Come home - no central air - thermostat is kaput - nice lady at A/C place says to replace batteries - I called her back and thanked her.
    This is a rheatorical question, If I can survive this stuff, I can survive ANYTHING

Is this enough?
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Last edited by alex44; 08-21-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: addition

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I hope you don't have type 2 diabetes. The neuropathy could be from high blood sugar. :(
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Thank You Indeed. I thought I knew about Neuropathy - turns out I don't know the half of it. It has taken my balance - I fall down cold sober and am not a big drinker so my doc. says it's the Neuroapathy. she is ordering P/T and a walker, maybe - remember this is the VA - nuff said. A bit of Brain fog to. The thought of Diabetes is terrifying - it's a hereditary disease and my mom died from it - Diabetic Coma. I know too many people and after seeing what my mom went through, although my mom went peacefully. I suspect the Neuropathy is from my Liver and Trauma - you could say I have led an interesting - But when I go my last thought will be - What a ride and I will be with my Precious Cynthia again.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alex44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank You Indeed. I thought I knew about Neuropathy - turns out I don't know the half of it. It has taken my balance - I fall down cold sober and am not a big drinker so my doc. says it's the Neuroapathy. she is ordering P/T and a walker, maybe - remember this is the VA - nuff said. A bit of Brain fog to. The thought of Diabetes is terrifying - it's a hereditary disease and my mom died from it - Diabetic Coma. I know too many people and after seeing what my mom went through, although my mom went peacefully. I suspect the Neuropathy is from my Liver and Trauma - you could say I have led an interesting - But when I go my last thought will be - What a ride and I will be with my Precious Cynthia again.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    I'm so sorry your mom died from diabetic coma. I recently got to know 3 people with diabetes and it is terrifying to see what it has done to their bodies. I had no idea the disease itself could lead to a person dying before I met them and I'm scared that I might lose them so I understand some of your fear even though I can't know exactly what you go through. I pray you never get diabetes. I'm sorry the neuropathy has screwed your balance. Ask the PT if they can teach you "how to fall safely" I have CP and fall all the time because it effects my balance and the best thing I ever learned in PT was how to fall. Does the neuropathy make you dizzy too?
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 08-23-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have Type 2 diabetes, and they've made great strides in recent years in the treatment of diabetes. They monitor it pretty closely, and you're expected to monitor it yourself at home as well.

Some people can control it with diet--others need one of the drugs like Metformin. Still others need insulin shots.

I hope you don't have it but if you do, there are ways of dealing with it.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Suger is cut from my diet - I still have my Bushs baked beans and today an Arizona Iced tea - NO ice cream and I am avoiding suger - Not to sound sorry for myself but they are taking pain meds away, probably my Xanax, Now sugar - what is left to take? I already lost the most precious thing in my life - Cynthia - so I am going away for awhile - the house is for sale - that sucks but a single man does not need a 3 bedroom ranch - do I love living here - Absolutely - can I afford to - Maybe with a boarder if I don't get my price - and shred my credit which has taken me years to get to a decent level - I am too scared to say, What next - I have faith in spirit (the Lord)- It is the only thing sustaining me right now but as I have said before, I am a SURVIVOR - always have - always will be.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Last edited by alex44; 08-23-2017 at 07:04 PM.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hi yes agate is right. Type 2 Diabetes is manageable. One of my T2D friends is on Insulin and he says he has had it so long that it feels "normal". He does the injection so fast "its like texting" (his words). He also says he is able to treat himself once and awhile as long as he's watchful.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

alex44, having to revise your diet drastically if you've been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes is no fun at all. I had to do that but a strange thing happened. Once I stopped thinking I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and started watching everything that I ate very carefully, I began to appreciate what I did have. Even just a tomato tastes like a wonderful treat. I'm "allowed" to have that--and lots of other foods. When you're not allowed to eat a whole bunch of foods, you do appreciate the food you can have.

You don't know that you have diabetes yet but if it turns out that you do, you might want to check the sugar content in the Bush's baked beans. Baked beans tend to be made with molasses or brown sugar, and some of the canned varieties use quite a bit of sugar. (Sorry!)

Also, if you have diabetes, you might be told, as I was, that you can have sugar in small amounts occasionally--as funnylegs mentioned.

As for the 3-bedroom house, would you be able to rent out those extra rooms? I did this a couple of times. It's not an ideal arrangement but it's a way to hang onto your house, and if you're careful about checking references and laying down strict rules, you can usually keep the situation pretty well under control.
    Last edited by agate; 08-24-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I have not yet been diagnosed formally w/ Diabetes type two but she told me I am high risk. and my RNP said one more high suger level and I have it. She told me to cut sugar from my diet, which has already started, to cut down on my beer, Working on that one as very mixed signals on my P/M and I am doing a slow taper down and If I try to fight two battles at once as hard as I can, I will fail at both so for the moment diet and exercise takes precedence but I am working , as I can to taper down the beer. Thank you everyone for the advice.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm told alcohol is not good for high blood sugar or low blood sugar so good idea cutting beer.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast