Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fell today...

Distinguished Community Member jendie's Avatar

Default I fell today...

I tripped on my way into the kitchen this morning, tied to catch myself with the counter, but only knocked a few things off. Through some black magic, I hit my head on the brake of my walker, which was parked in the kitchen.

I grabbed a kitchen towel out of the drawer and pressed it to the area that was hurting. My mom was a barber and I have heard how much scalp wounds bleed, so it was just a precaution. There was a lot of blood.

My caregiver asked what I wanted to do. After some thinking, I decided to have it checked out. It turned out that wasn't such a bad idea because I had a 1 inch laceration and ended up with 5 stitches.

Not quite the Monday I was expecting.
    Last edited by jendie; 08-07-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Jendie
    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((jendie)))))) ~

Oh Dear! I'm so sorry! OUCH! I'm glad that you had it checked, because that needed closure and protection from infection. I hope you didn't hit your head hard enough to sustain a concussion. Was that ruled out?

Sending healing energy that it mends quickly, and that you don't fall again.

Today, we have a Full Moon. I've had a ton of experience with medical stuff and other kinds of not so good things happening during a Full Moon. Michael used to seize more 2 days before until 2 days after a Full Moon. I've been told by ER staff that Full Moons and Fridays are their busiest times.

I hope you can get some rest.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Wow Jendie I am sorry you fell and hurt your head. I hope it heals well and you don't fall again. Be careful. Jeanie :)

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Sorry that happened. That's all any of us DON'T need is damage to the head. Do you have to go back and get the stitches out, or are they the dissolving kind. Maybe they don't use those on humans, all I know is cat stiches. I hope you heal quickly!
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Jendie, sorry for your fall, which is quite enough, and your head laceration. Crazy day. I always forget my meds when something unexpected happens. I call them "crooked days" as if my world has gone off kilter.

I hope you recover quickly.

Tell us about your caregiver when you get a chance. How many hours and what do they do for you.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Jendie, I am so sorry about the fall and the resulting stitches and pain it must have caused. I am glad you have a caregiver. I did not know that had come through.

Are you using your scooter any?
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Falls are our specialty around here. It's too bad your walker had to be in the way so you couldn't at least have fallen without hitting it, but you get hold of these mobility aids, and then they're in the way. You can't win.

A couple of times I've been wobbling my way to the bathroom groggily at night and nearly pitched right into my walker.

At least the stitches should go a long way towards preventing a scar. Hope you'll heal up fast and be able to avoid future falls!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Oh jendie. This is very tough for sure. I am glad you got care. So many side effects of having MS, causing new medical problems.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Sending good thoughts your way. Your story will make me careful today...that's a caution we will all take away from your post.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Jendie, when you feel up to it, let us know how you are doing after the fall. Sometime people hurt worse in the next few days than they did at first.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast