Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: August 2017

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :) Andy came at 10:30 and bathed Lacy, mowed the yard,picked mangoes, and blew off the driveway. He left at 12:30. I was asleep when he got here and went right back to bed when he left. I slept until 7 PM.

I have been very tired lately and I guess I needed the sleep. I hope when I go to bed I can sleep again. I did NO exercise at all. Jeanie :)
    Aw Jeanie. Hang in there.. maybe see PCP to figure out why so tired lately?might not be due to MS?

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Agate, when are you going to try it?
    Roswell was a gift.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Let's say I've tried it by watching the video. Armchair surfing is a bit less tiring, and you don't get all wet.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

You have a point there! I couldn't do it now, but maybe a few decades ago, provided I lived near the ocean. Did you notice in the first photo of a wave, and way at the base, if you look hard, is a tiny human surfing. That had to be a 50 foot wave at least. That, crashing down on you.....no thanks.
    Roswell was a gift.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

BBS often mentions her surfing buddies. I have an impression that a person doesn't just venture out surfing totally alone--? Wouldn't it be a good idea to have at least one person who is a good swimmer on the lookout somewhere, so that if you go under and aren't coming up again fast enough, something can be done?

In the photos each surfer looks all alone out there, and so I'm wondering.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

That person was getting ready, and in position, to "shoot the tube". BBS would know what I'm talking about!
    Roswell was a gift.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I'll leave you guys to the surfing, but I did enjoy the article Agate posted.

Agate, it takes a little more for me when going out. I have to wash and blow dry my hair, then use a curling iron that blows hot air, except the top where I put hot rollers. I let the hot rollers stay there while I put on make-up and do a couple of other things, then I do a comb out.

I always wear bedroom slippers in the house. However, I started that long before MS. I would come in from work after being in high heels all day and it felt so good to put on slippers, and I got so use to it that I have never thought of not doing it. It is one of the first things I do after going out. Also, it is good for keeping the house cleaner. I have heard on several TV talk shows that it is a good thing to do because it helps keep the carpet much nicer. My husband only did it when he was wearing work shoes, but I just wanted to get comfortable after working in heels all day. Now I almost have to because I can get a pair of shoes and wear them only a few times and the toes are so scuffed that they look awful. It is because I cannot walk correctly and I have foot drop and when I get in my car or go up my steps I hit the toes of my shoes. And these are now low heels. Another thing is that I swell, so all shoes are uncomfortable for me now.

There are days that I might bath, put on just a touch of make-up, and wear a caftan around the house. I have a number of them and they are very comfortable. It also saves on the ironing. I almost always wear cotton blouses that have to be starched in the summer. I love them, but if I wear one every day you can easily see how much ironing I would be doing. As it is, I still have a lot. Anyway, I have to go out 2 to 4 days a week, so of course I go the whole route then.
    Virginia

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Most surf alone with no issues. They see it as superior, being alone in nature. It is appealing.

I used to. But so many things can go wrong so quickly. On the other hand, even a few months ago, I surfed alone for ta n minutes just to get wet. I corralled a stranger walking on the beach who spotted me and hit on me. So, I asked him to keep an eye out just in case.

For me, I like the social aspect as well.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Big wave surfers are a different breed and are very skilled. There are some at our beach, although only hurricanes leave big waves in their wake locally.

The biggest wave I ever rode was 6' and I tell you the power in that wave was stunning. I will stick to 4' waves.

One of My fave DVD is called Riding Giants, which shows the history of big wave surfing

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast