Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: August 2017

Distinguished Community Member

Howie, I have not tried it yet, but plan to. I read on internet that to make cleaning the microwave easy just put 1/2 cup of water in a bowl, cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juice into the water, then put the lemon in and microwave for 3 minutes. Then just wipe the inside of the microwave and it cleans real easy.
    Virginia

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Swam a half mile today despite ditching morning dose Marinol. Trying to see if it cuts down on feeling like rocking in a boat.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

BBS, great going - that is a long way to swim. Beautiful avatar.

I was going to post this last night was a bit too tired. I need a couple of small items to finish off my living room project. One is a couple of area rugs in hall and I would like a new round one in living room. My SIL told me about a place that is called "Home Décor". It is a very large building and it truly is junk, but she said she got a rug in there that looked like she had paid quite a lot for it. She told me they were in the back of the store (wouldn't you know). Anyway, they did, if you just kept looking through them have some that I really liked, but none were the right sizes and colors. Otherwise junky store.

I left there and went to a florist that is a really big upstairs, downstairs florist looking for another item. I have been going there since I moved back to Raleigh in the 70s. They were closed. So I drove back over toward my house and went in a little shopping area looking for a decorator store that I thought was there. They had closed, but there was the florist I was looking for. I parked and went inside, but they did not have the container I wanted. She told me about another place in the area that I could try. I went there, went inside and walked around small store, found nothing so went 3 doors down to a place I thought about and went in there, again found nothing. I was parked right in front of the drug store so I went in and picked up a couple of items. Then I went to grocery store. Didn't get much, but had to walk to back where milk is kept. Stopped at Panera and picked up something to bring home to eat. I had left at 2:15 and got home at 5:30.

That was my moving around for yesterday. Today I have vacuumed the carpets.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds as if you had quite a tiring day, Virginia. Running around looking for items you want can be really exhausting.

I settle for whatever I can get on the Internet.

Yesterday, when it was still in the mid-90s, I decided I couldn't stand all of the debris on my patio--leaves, pine needles, pine cones, spiderwebs, mossy buildup--and I recalled how pouring cold water on a surface like that has a cooling effect for a while. I used to pour buckets of water on my balcony floor in the other place, and it seemed as if the time had come to do that with the patio here again.

Particularly since the new next-door neighbors' patio has been restored with a power washing at the time when the apartment was redecorated, a couple of weeks ago, and their patio looks all clean and spiffy.

So early in the day I hauled lots of buckets of cool water out there and tried to fling them with plenty of force onto the patio surface so as to shake loose the mossy stuff that accumulates.

That racked up quite a few extra steps for me, and today my right arm hurts but I didn't lose my balance, and the patio looks exceptionally fine right now.

Every one of the BrainTalk emoticons has survived the great Photobucket deletion, I see. Those few that aren't there have been missing for a long time.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, what you did is harder work than me going out looking for stuff, however probably not as frustrating since I came back empty handed and you can see the results of your efforts. You worked some areas that I have not worked in quite awhile.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Agate, trying to get rid of moss in Oregon seems like an uphill battle. You certainly get credit for trying and the energy spent.

Have you seen the kitten again?

Virginia, oh my, I am exhausted reading of your day and you probably did it in the heat.

I hope your chairs come back Ok. If not, tell them where they can buy the fabric they ruined.

Bbs, I am always impressed w your water exercise. I am glad you were able to swim.

I did laundry yesterday and today.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, no sign of that kitten recently but then it's been too hot to spend any significant time outdoors. I go out with the trash or out on the patio to deal with plants briefly, and that's about it. The buckets of water caper took place in the early morning when it wasn't yet so hot. Maybe the kitten is keeping cool in the shade somewhere. I hope it's not under a car.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I'm in for the day after doing my dump, bank, and store run. I've gotten use to getting up early and doing my running around before it gets hot. It's not bad early in the day.

I MIGHT talk to my brother tonight....or tomorrow....or......

Everyone have a great Friday!

Sam, I got you some turkey!!!
    Roswell was a gift.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

So many active BTers!

I swam 22 minutes today, 560 yards, cut short so I could be able to drive car to PCP

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast