Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Hello to Renee! And yes, Agate, get those windows closed!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

So good to hear from Renee. I wondered where she went. Was also thinking about sally and wondered if she is able to read here.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know about Sally. I've sent her occasional notes by mail. Let's hope she's reading here.

We wouldn't want her to miss our pearls of wisdom and our sparkling wit!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

No glasses. I took the made bed apart. I look inside the pillow slips. I looked in the laundry basket. I got on my hands and knees and looked under things and even managed to remove the full length drawer out from my side of the bed. No specs.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time to retrace your moves, maybe, ANN, or have you done that? Did you make a trip to the bathroom or somewhere else at the time when your glasses might have gone missing?

Under the bed is often where mine turn up but I often don't find them without a flashlight.

Good idea not to take out any trash or empty any waste baskets until you've found them or gone through the contents.

Not so long ago I accidentally tossed my brand-new glasses into the dumpster outside this building. I knew I'd done it but couldn't see them in there. Neither could several other people. It took 3 of us with a stepladder and a reaching tool to find them. They'd landed in an open cardboard box someone had thrown into the dumpster.

I'd been wearing my rx sunglasses and carrying my regular glasses in their case. Somehow I neglected to make sure I was still hanging onto the glasses when I tossed the trash in.

ANN, maybe enlist Peter's help in finding them? Or someone with better vision than you have just now?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

So, so glad to hear something about Renee. We do miss her and Sally so much. Both of them could have added a lot of humor to this place, since both are witty, even with their one liners.

Agate, to the rescue and got those windows closed. Sounds like you had an eventful night. I use to think Oregon, especially around Portland was fairly cool all summer and never got anywhere near 100 degrees, let alone 110. Isn't that where they have the big tress where the trunks are so big around? I have learned so much on this forum and not all of it is MS related, for which we are all, I think, grateful.

Ann, those glasses are there!!!! They have gotten in a corner or some place hard to see them, but if you had them last night they have to be there. Peter certainly wouldn't be wearing your glasses.

Cat, hope the TVs are exactly the size you need and I can almost guarantee you will enjoy them more than the old ones. I thought my old one was good until I got my new flat screen.

Well, the furniture is not going to be delivered today. It is going to come Monday. The lady who works there is going to e-mail me a picture of my couch and wing back chair. However, she said they were working on the pillows, so I thought about it later and the couch will be hard to tell much about without the pillows.

I am sorry Renee has been ill. I do hope she can come back to us and soon.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

By the way, did you all read about what the Queen eats and drinks. At lunch she has a gin and dubonnet. She apparently mixes them together. Maybe she only has a very small amount of each one. I have never had gin, but I use to have dubonnet instead of wine, but I drank less. It is a liquor and I found it to be strong, so I only used a small liquor glass unless I put it over ice and then I used a little bit larger glass, but same amount of dubonnet.

I can't remember what she has with her night meal, but at some point she has a glass of champagne. She doesn't drink wine. I found the article on the internet and it was interesting. She really is pretty amazing. She still drives by herself when on her estate.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Isn't that interesting. Lenny's sister works at Heaven Hill. Next time they send some Dubonnet to the Queen I could have his sister put a note in the box!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Ann, you don't have those glasses pulled up on top of your head do you? Been there, done that.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

No, not there, Howie. I still haven't found them. I gave up. It reminds me of when you lost a shoe.

ANN

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast