Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT August Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Our feel like temps have been over 105 all week and I have mostly stayed inside. I went to the grocery store Saturday and had a flat tire on my van. I tried to call AAA on my cell but could not figure out how to press one for road service as the numbers were gone.

I went into Publix and used their phone. I had to wait in the shade in the heat. Luckily the man was there quickly and had the tire fixed fast. Then he taught me how to get the numbers back on my phone.

Tuesday Jim came and fixed my toilet and vacuumed the back porch carpet, my van and had his friend get on my computer from his location and install a professional protection system on my computer. Because I have slow DSL it took until after 8 PM to do it. It runs in the background all the time, so I guess that is good.

Today Andy came, mowed the grass, bathed Lacy, picked mangoes, trimmed the bushes, blew off the driveway. The driveway was about an inch deep in red flowers from the royal poinciana tree. All the rain and wind brought many down. They stick to my scooter wheels when I go to the mailbox and I end up sweeping them up in the house.

I have to go out tomorrow and I will run from AC to AC. No more rain forecast for tomorrow, but hot. Stay cool everyone. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 08-03-2017 at 06:04 PM.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

That is just too hot for you to be out in that kind of heat Jeanie. No wonder you had trouble dialing on your phone. When I am out and it is that hot, if I am not in air conditioning, I absolutely just can't think. You do so well. I am glad both Jim and Andy have been there to help out this week.

Be careful when you go out tomorrow. I hope you do not have any more trouble.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I am out and it is that hot, if I am not in air conditioning, I absolutely just can't think.
    I'm that way too, and it's scary. Vision goes bad too.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

That's why I stay up all night, so I hit the stores as early as I can, and beat the heat. And one thing really nice about the Food Lion where I shop, it's always so cool. I always take a deep breath of that cool air when I first enter.

I never ate today, a few crackers was it. But I have all the ingredients for another big pot of pasta. It was delicious, and lasted great. I bought my milk and bread, and made coleslaw. I'll make a big pasta dish tomorrow....uh...today.

Now TRY to behave. It influences Sam, and gives her ideas!

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Jeanie, that sounds like a hellacious day. I cannot imagine breaking down in this Florida heat. Not good.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Both tv's arrived late yesterday. We will open the boxes today and make sure they're ok, will fit in the spaces they're intended to fit, and are ready to plug in. The DISH guy is supposed to come tomorrow, but call before he comes, so we'll be hanging by the phone, waiting.

We bought the tv's on line from Wal-Mart, with a 90 day return policy. The nearest one to us is about 35 miles, so if these sets won't work, it won't be too difficult to return them... but it was nice to have them delivered directly to the house for free...

Yes, the DISH company will pay the DISH guy. Just so WE don't have to! ��

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Cat, The Queen of TV's.

I'm watching a TV my brother sent me, a flat screen Sony. And whenever my sister gets by his place again, he's sending me a bigger one than this. The reason being he got a HUGE, flat screen Sony. A 4K if you know what that is.

Mr. Pasta has been at it in the kitchen this morning. All done, and on a slow simmer, with fresh coleslaw to go with it. I used the same kind of noodles last time because I bought 2 boxes incase the one was not enough. One box was plenty.

I've lost a day. It feels like Saturday for some reason. My strange sleeping pattern did it I'm sure.

Everyone have a great day!

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Hello, friends. I have a big problem. I woke up and reached for my hard-sided glass case. It was empty. I can't find my glasses anywhere. I take them off in bed and put them on in bed. They are not there!

I am using an old pair w the newest RX but vision is not as good as w my regular pair. They seem to small.

I hope everyone who is hot gets a cool breeze. I am confortable in the house. The kitchen ac helps so much in the open floor plan. Still, I need to go out to walk and I am tired of just getting my walking done in grocery stores.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, look beside the bed and right under the edge. Look in the bed - all over it. Look where you were at last - maybe bathroom. They have to show up if you haven't been out. However, I have done the same thing.

If you can even think of going out for a walk today, you are either feeling pretty good or the weather is nice, or both!
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ANN, I hope you can find your glasses. It's so hard to find glasses without my glasses on that I keep spare glasses at the ready in exactly the same place all the time, right by my bedside, in a case.

I often can't find my glasses in the middle of the night because I drop them somewhere on the floor, usually under the bed, and getting down on my knees and groping around for them with a flashlight isn't something I'm eager to do while sleepy.

It got to 110' here yesterday but today might seem really cool at a predicted high of 96'. Last evening some tenants rustled me up because the vacant apartment next door to me had all its windows wide open.

I went out to see what they were talking about. Going out was like entering a blast furnace but I could see the windows--and that the apartment inside was totally empty even though technically there are new tenants. They've signed their paperwork but haven't moved in yet.

A gathering of at least 7 tenants decided that this was a problem that needed tending to. People have been told not to leave their windows open when they're not there if they're on the first floor. There's a way of opening the window a few inches and locking it so that air will come in but nobody can break in.

Since new carpeting had been installed in that apartment, the windows had probably been left open to air the place out because the glue creates fumes.

But the building just got new computers and a new printer, which are all sitting in the media room, right across from this apartment. People were concerned that anyone going in those windows would have immediate access to them--and to the entire building.

So I made the call to a number we have for issues that can't wait until the next day, and soon I'll be looking over there to make sure that those windows aren't still open.

And everyone here will be glad to know that I've heard from renee!

Yes, I actually got a message from renee this morning, and it sounds as if she's doing OK though she's been in the hospital. She didn't say how long she'd been ill but she seems to be hanging in there. I've told her how much she's missed here.

Cat Dancer, I hope your TV arrangement will work well. There are so many complex parts to anything these days that it's amazing that anything works. You and Tom Cat and the kitties can soon be sitting back and watching your favorite programs!

Suggested movie for the kitties: "The Mouse That Roared."
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast