Thread: Crispr

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Default Crispr

Anyone see this? Exciting but scary at the same time. The potential for abuse is great.

http://www.nbcnews.com/megyn-kelly/v...r-965215299885

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I did not see thst but I saw a recent PBS show on their World Channel that touched on that. Designer kids was no flaws, not even prediliction for disease.

They also talked about bionics and replacing no functioning parts w new, articial but integrated ones. They interviewed 5 people w various "deficits."

One woman who was a wheelchair user said, paraphrased, do I want to get new legs, no, I want a wheelchair that can be reliably fixed!

Oh dear, what part of me can they possibly fix? Typing maybe.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Really scary to me! Exciting - yes, if they would find that one little something that causes me to have MS. Ann, that is what they could fix about me. And while they were doing that maybe they could make me much smarter and 30 years younger, so I could enjoy my new and healthy body.

But then, if they did that, when would a person die and I don't want to live forever.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"