Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swallowing problem

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Default Swallowing problem

The past few days have had swallowing issues. It's creepy and unnerving. Called neuro today and he ordering a modified barium swallow and a speech and language swallowing evaluation,

I waited until 4:30 to hear from the rehab center. Finally I called them, but they left for the day. GEESH.i hope I don't end up in the hospital waiting.

Will call them in the morning. I am so sick of these problems, as I imagine you are sick of yours.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sorry to hear this. I hope you get help before the weekend.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I doubt it will be before weekend. If it turns into an emergency, will go to ER and likely be admitted. Things move faster inpatient.

Am still hoping it will wane on its own. I can't surf this weekend with this problem.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

[QUOTE=BBS1951;67037]The past few days have had swallowing issues. It's creepy and unnerving. Called neuro today and he ordering a modified barium swallow and a speech and language swallowing evaluation,

I waited until 4:30 to hear from the rehab center. Finally I called them, but they left for the day. GEESH.i hope I don't end up in the hospital waiting.

Hi,
    Spasms in my esophagus is a symptom I developed several years ago. It now comes and goes like other MS symptoms. I had the tests you mentioned.

Because I could not swallow for quite a while I lost a lot of weight which I have managed to keep off.

Hang in there. I hope the swallowing problems go away soon!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((BBS)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you're having difficulty swallowing. I hope that it will subside as Linda's has.

Are you taking CBD oil again? I seem to recall that it was helping with your spasms, so perhaps it would benefit you now.

Hoping that you can get through to the rehab center tomorrow and that you don't have to go to ER.

Healing energy on the way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I have no extra weight to lose, so this could be difficult. I only dropped half pound yesterday. Will call this morning.

Still using CBD.

The descriptions of esophageal spasms don't match my symptoms. No pain, nomsqueezing, just ineffective swallowing.
    Last edited by BBS1951; 07-21-2017 at 01:46 AM.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

The swallowing problems I experienced...which I dismissed as esophageal spasms, ....we're in fact esophageal ulcers, pre cancerous, very difficult to treat. Mine were discovered by an endoscopy...

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Good to know, thanks for posting it.

Can't believe they still haven't gotten the docs fax,. Swallow is somewhat better today, but a tad nauseous. I suspect the muscle at top of stomach by esophagus is not performing .
    Last edited by BBS1951; 07-21-2017 at 07:35 AM.

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Still no order. Nurse at docs office is brand new as it turns out. As of yesterday late afternoon, still no order received by rehab. Grrrrr.

Swallow problem coming back this morning after a day of improvement yesterday.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) BBS I am sorry you are having this problem. Keep us posted. Jeanie :)

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast