Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swallowing problem

Distinguished Community Member

Sorry he wasn't as personable as the radiologist was.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((BBS)))))) ~

Is there any possibility that you could see another GI for a second opinion? If so, you might find that the second GI is more approachable and a better communicator, and then switch to that doctor.

Have you searched for this GI on line to read patient reviews? Sometimes those can be enlightening and helpful.

I hope you have a long term solution for your swallowing issues.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Showed up for my test. Doc ordered the wrong test. Took an hour for them to answer the techs call. Said doc out of office until Wednesday. I am out of luck.

I scheduled an appt with a diff doc, soonest can get in is in 25 days. I should know by then whether to switch docs.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Maddening, Bbs!

You did the only thing you could do, I think.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((BBS)))))) ~

It sounds like your GI is not only a poor communicator and has a lousy bedside manner, he also is incompetent. While you wait to see a new GI, is it possible that your PCP could order the correct test for you, so that that doc can have the results in his/her hands in 25 days?

Sending healing energy your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

10. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Now that just is absolutely uncalled for!!!!

Sorry BBS.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

If I was healthy, no biggie. But I had skipped my Marinol so I could drive better. And, I left the house 75 minutes early to avoid the heavy thunderstorms and road flooding from TS Emily (which never materialized), thus waiting in a chair for 75 minutes to be seen. Golly!

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Update, doc reviewed my former test results. He scheduled the endoscopy for this Wednesday. I will stick with him. I can't wait another month to try the second doc, the symptoms are too awful. Sometimes mild, and sometimes pretty bad.

I did ask around. No one has heard anything bad about him. He is part of a six doc GI group. The group has an excellent reputation in town.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((BBS)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you are enduring this problem, and I will pray that the endoscopy reveals the cause and that the remedy will be simple. I'm glad you have an earlier appointment. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Love & Light,

Rose

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope you can stick with this doc, BBS. It's a terrible pain to have to change docs when the one you've been seeing is impossible, particularly since you're not feeling well enough to cope with all of the added hassle.

And maybe this doctor has been having some bad days and will shape up. You could try being a bit more assertive with him. It just might work.

For instance:

As he's rushing out the door, leaving you with some unanswered questions, you speak up quickly enough to be heard: "Please, doctor, just a minute--I really wanted to ask you something else."

I've never actually done this but have often thought that I would if it seemed necessary.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast