Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Virginia (July 16)!

Distinguished Community Member

Actually, I did know and thought about it after I had wrote it, but it was after I was away from the computer and didn't get back to edit it. My sincere apologies to Sam, I don't like being called a HE either. Sam and I are both ladies!

Nuthatch, (Joan) thank you very much. It was really nice.
    Last edited by Virginia; 07-16-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Happy birthday, Virginia.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Well, family surprised me this evening. I was supposed to meet my two brothers and their wives that live in the area and a niece and her husband who are pretty close by for dinner. This afternoon I received roses from my older brother who lives in Hilton Head, S.C. However he was also at the dinner along with quite a few others. A nephew and his wife and a niece and her husband drove for about 2 1/2 hours to come, a niece and her husband drove for about an hour or little more. Also, two great nieces were there. One had her longtime boyfriend. There were 18 of us. A neighbor stopped by for dessert. One of the sister-in-laws saw her at church and told her what was going on so she said she wanted in on it.

When I walked in a room had been set up for us and it was full of people. The hostess asked if I was with the party in the back and I said well I am with six other people, but she also knew and took me to this room with all these people. I ALMOST cried, but was able to hold it back. It was nice and now I need to get ready for bed. The brother who planned it also had a big cake there and we got our ice cream from the restaurant. I got many wonderful cards and also a number of gift cards that I will have fun with.

One niece and her husband were on vacation. They only live an hour and a half away and would have been there, but they were vacationing. She sent a card with the most beautiful letter. She is my oldest
    niece and she recounted some of the times that she remembered from better days and times with me.

Anyway, it was very, very nice!

Thanks also to everyone here.
    Last edited by Virginia; 07-16-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Virginia, is it a milestone birthday? With all the gathering it sounds like one. I enjoy those.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Virginia you obviously have a very loving family. That was very special of your brother to plan it all. I'm happy for you. Jeanie :)

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

How wonderful that you had a surprise celebration for your birthday dinner! I'm so glad you didn't know beforehand, but could just enjoy all the extra attention from loved ones there!

Hope you had a terrific birthday and sending more special wishes your way!

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Smile

Virginia, that sounds so nice. You have a very loving family!
    Roswell was a gift.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks Parsi for the wishes and Suze-Q for your extra ones.

It was a milestone and then some Parsi - I would like it to be a little smaller milestone, but it is what it is. When my older brother sent me roses he sent a card that said something like "To my wonderful Sister - did you ever think we would make it this long? I love you very much" When he showed up and I could talk to him I told him Mother in heaven would be very proud of him because he picked on me without mercy when we were growing up. He laughed because he knows it is true. I told some of his kids that were there how mean he was to me and they said "Their Dad?" Guess I shouldn't have told on him. I probably will not get any more roses.

My two younger brothers couldn't pick on me too much because by the time they were getting big enough I was leaving home.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Or maybe you'll receive TWO dozen roses next time instead?

By all accounts, you've lived a very fascinating and interesting life. And to be celebrating whatever birthday it is WITH MS, and still getting out and about, deciding on new upholstery furniture, enjoying regular meals with your family, and having touched enough people to have that many surprise you on your birthday, AND a lovely letter from your niece to remind you of special times and memories...AND all the people you've touched here... well, I hope you fell into bed with a satisfied smile on your face!

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member BBS1951's Avatar

Oh Virginia! This s a most wonderful birthday! Your family saw it as a moment to treasure you, and showed such love.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast